LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really hope that someone can help me out on this. Time is very sensitive as I need to get my car to pass inspection because of a ticket.

The problem is that according to Datamaster, my EGR is not showing any voltage, and am wondering if someone has turned it off in the ECM. I am still a noob at using the tuning software, and have no idea where to locate this.

Shop told me that the HC and CO were failing most likely due to EGR.

I have attached pics of what DM is showing, plus my inspection fail. (I aleady fixed code 44 (lean 02) by replacing with new Delco 02. Also know that the NOX is bc of the cat which I have already ordered.

94 Z28 A4

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
You have things mixed up.. The missing CAT, fuel mix , dirty burn will cause HC and CO% failures. EGR failures cause high NOx. EGR activation is more complex. The EGR DC you are looking at is EGR 'Duty Cycle' The PCM pulses the EGR solinoid and the DC is the percentage on verses the percentage off. To activate EGR engine has to be at MAP between 32-58 Kpa -AND- RPM between 900-2100 -AND- temp at 180*F. Basically running in 4th gear cruising at lower speeds, 15-25 MPH is the speeds they test at on the dyno. You need a Datamaster log with car driving to see if PCM is trying to activate EGR. Your EGR solenoid may be bad, EGR valve bad or EGR passages in valve or intake crudded up. But you need to see if PCM is activating it first.
Garydoug's 9495scan program has an actuator tab that will activate the EGR manually to test it. If your PCM has it tuned out then the DC will always be 0 at 15-25 cruising loads. My Files

1 - 3 of 3 Posts