LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry guys, I have to take the pics down.

Scott Settlemire sent out an email today saying that GM still considers the pictures stolen property, so in order to comply with GM's wishes and to maintain good relations with Scott and the whole of GM, I'm pulling the pictures.

Suffice to say they're out there on enough sites you can still find them if you dig a little bit.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, remember that's just a clay mock-up. I do not expect the actually running, driving concept at NAIAS to be exactly the same as this.

We also don't really know how old that model is. Cars continue to evolve right up until the decision to go to production.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I posted this in the other thread, but I'm not too sure how much I like the IRS. I know it'll make it ride better, but it's a bitch to launch an IRS car well.

Also, the 1/4 windows behind the doors.............that makes me think that there will not be a t-top option. :(

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Corvettes don't seem to have the drag racing/IRS issues other IRS cars have...so I think it can be done right.

TEA's C5 was going 9's on the stock suspension with nothing but a Poly bushing kit.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Corvettes don't seem to have the drag racing/IRS issues other IRS cars have...so I think it can be done right.

TEA's C5 was going 9's on the stock suspension with nothing but a Poly bushing kit.

You do have a point. But have you ever tried to launch one of those cars though?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
gettinthere said:
I posted this in the other thread, but I'm not too sure how much I like the IRS. I know it'll make it ride better, but it's a bitch to launch an IRS car well.

Also, the 1/4 windows behind the doors.............that makes me think that there will not be a t-top option. :(
everyone is going for that retro style, so i think we will lose my favorite thing about my whole car

man t-tops kick ass

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm sorry but that is ugly. The front end is alright but the bottom of the doors and from the quarters back is ugly. The rear view reminds me of a corvair.

·
Registered
24 Posts
gettinthere said:
Like what? Critique away.
Well for one, if it is going to be the Camaro, they could find a way to reduce roof length for T-tops, or just make a Targa top for the way it is in that picture. Make the rear quarter panels look less like a Corvette, yes I know it is a clay model, but for production I hope they do change them. Something along the lines of what the rear fenders looked like on the Dick Harrel edition Camaros! Since it is going to be a retro looking car, why not make an option available for the hideaway headlights, something I love about the old Camaros that have that! Do something with the exhaust tips, they look god awful, they seem way to high and I don't know just doesn't look that great where they are sitting! I mean the car looks beautiful, just some things I would like to see. Along with the mirrors being changed! I do like the 4 sqarish tail lights! Like I said on CamaroZ28.com for some reason seeing those tail lights reminded me of my dad's 66 Chevelle and gave me an idea that could possibly also be a clay model of a future Chevelle, call me crazy, just an whack idea.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
camarojoe1991 said:
Why can't they just keep the old 4th gen body style, and use the new chassis?
You don't think that sales will be slow with a stale 14 year old bodystyle?

The Camaro isn't a Porsche 911.

·
Registered
339 Posts
4th gens were sold for the powertrain, not their looks.

The more I look at the pics, the more it looks really tiny to me. It looks like it would be the size of a Cobalt. I'd like to see what the other side looks like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think GM got more upset about the comments of teh leaked photos than the photos getting out themselves. Nobody to critique better than the enthusiest, since 1 vote from an entusiest equals about 3 common votes in my opinion. I personally think GM is more upset that most of the current F-Body owners dont like it. Just my 2 cents -Tim

·
Registered
656 Posts
If it looked more like this then I'd buy two of them! I'll wait to see the final product before I'm totally turned off to it though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts