LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's doing it again. the outer edge on my front, left tire is wearing down faster than the rest of the tire. before, it happened on both sides. i keep 30 psi on all the tires. any ideas what would cause that? alignment?

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeah you have too much positive camber on your wheel. get an alignment done.

and i dont think 4th gens have upper ball joints. but ive never really looked at a 4th gens front suspension

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
F-Bobby said:
yeah you have too much positive camber on your wheel. get an alignment done.

and i dont think 4th gens have upper ball joints. but ive never really looked at a 4th gens front suspension
wow, if they didnt have uppers, what would they have?

anyways they do, i know for a fact because my passenger upper boot it torn and im waiting for it to get too much play in it before i replace it

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
NviouSS said:
it's doing it again. the outer edge on my front, left tire is wearing down faster than the rest of the tire. before, it happened on both sides. i keep 30 psi on all the tires. any ideas what would cause that? alignment?

My last set of F1's did that. Get an alignment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got the same problem, took it to the dealer for an alignment and their computer said the front end was perfect. Might be the tire. Still checking.

·
Registered
138 Posts
LiquidFire350 said:
wow, if they didnt have uppers, what would they have?

anyways they do, i know for a fact because my passenger upper boot it torn and im waiting for it to get too much play in it before i replace it
for some reason i was thinkin about a fwd car not having them. with a coil over shock set up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try upping your front tire pressure to 35psi and an alignment. Sounds like you have too much sidewall flex and positive camber. I had my alignment done and raised pressure to 35 and they wear perfect with my 285/40R17 BFG KDWS with a load index of 100. A lower load index tire may require slightly higher psi. -Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts