LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
crawling under the bird today to tighten up the rocker mouldings, and noticed this leak, one looks to be under the engine(1st and 3rd pic)(Im thinkin oil pan) and the other is this the transmission pan(2nd pic)(no leak but the underside of the pan is pretty shiny):no: any help would be greatly appreciated. h

·
Registered
4 Posts
The rear intake seal is famous for leaking, but other common culprits could be the oil pressure sender as well as the valve covers. There's many places really. You're just going to have to do some detective work and find out where.

I'm about to tackle this task myself and I'm not looking forward to it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Just did this last week, I had oil dripping lightly off the oil filter and a little at the front end, when I looked up at the drivers side head and valve cover it looked as though it was coming from around there. On reading up it seems the lifter valley is renowned for leaking and in my case it was. [I replaced the oil pressure switch almost a year ago, plus it felt dry].
Limited to what I can get here but I got a Felpro kit which has both intake gaskets, a throttle body gasket, a small tube of silicone, the injector seals and some gasket I couldn't locate!
For some reason the 2 egr gaskets on the back [LT1] are not included, I was lucky mine stayed intact, but if your doing one I would have them handy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts