Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I haven't gotten it tuned yet

Votes: 4 20.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So how many of yall do your own tuning on your car/cars? or how many take the car to a shop and have them do the tuning? or to an individual? To clarify, the current tune on your car

·
Registered
72 Posts
I initially got my car tuned @ TEA, but after several unsuccessful attempts to get the driveability tuned, I simply bought HP and started asking questions. I have since tuned 8-10 other cars, and rather enjoy it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you shouldve made it a multiple answer poll lol...i too was tuned by a pro shop(cartek) and like QWKWS6 it had horrible driveability so I too bought HPT & have tuned over 20 cars now as well as my own. I get so much joy out of tuning my cars myself and love tuning others knowing im saving them time, money & headaches of going the "dyno tune" route.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ii should of said, who did the current tune on your car. the only reason i would take my car to a pro(futral) would be for a solid roller or for FI. HP Tuners, especially 2.0 is sweet. now i just need to upgrade to EIO when the usb cable is released

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
I've been doing my own tuning for 4 years. I can see the benefits of each but its certainly more cost effective to do your own on the long term.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Self-tune, but taught by a repudible LS1 shop I used to help out in for very small projects

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Like a dumbass, I took mine to SLP in NJ for a Chassis Dyno tune that included fuel mapping/advanced timing (PCM4 tuning), now no longer offered.

Boy did I F/U! Only 12hp gain for mega dollars!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
as far as power tuning, none yet

as for little stuff, fan-turn on, speedo correct, rear O2s, ect...., i went to Speed Inc., then my dad got some stuff done by MadZ28.com, and i had him look some things over, come to find out Speed didnt remove the Torque Management and didnt change the tire size, he also gave me a slight trans line pressure increase

·
Registered
3 Posts
for 94 and 95 I use tunercat, runs 20 dollars for the definition file and 70 for editing software. th cable is 45 shipped to your door. and the laptop you will need or a harness for the pcm to program in ur house. thats like 50 dollars. I can do lt1 tuning dirt cheap if your like me and dont have alot of money and need to save it. Jeff

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I am now going to an individual that uses speed density for tuning, and then I'll drop it on the Dyno for subtle adjustments. We have a few individuals in the Maryland area that know the LS1's for tuning purposes.

·
Registered
439 Posts
MadZ28 tune and very happy with what he did for me.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Jpack said:
MadZ28 tune and very happy with what he did for me.
ive have yet to hear anything bad about this guy, my dad even had his 94 tuned by him, and hes really happy with it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts