LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up Guys....I am looking at doing my own tuning for tire size and more...My engine is stock 1995 LT1 5.7 auto..I know I will need a laptop and the obd1 connector... I have a few of old DOS based laptops. It may have win95 os....Maybe you guys can get me started....?

·
Global Moderator
13,118 Posts
Windows XP laptops can be found very cheap. I suggest a XP based laptop. It has enough memory and speed to handle most any pc based tuning program.

Stay ayay from hypertech. It's an expensive door stop. It offers a 1 tune fits all method of tuning. And when you use it, it won't work on any other cars until you use it to revert to your original tune.

For an obd 1 car, like your 95, I suggest the tunercat obd1 tuner. With a permanant licence and $EE definition file it costs about $100. You can tune as many 94-95 lt1 vehicles you want with it.

The tunercat obd 1 tuner is an easy to use format. The tricky part is learning what tables to change for performance mods that you add to car. But if you make a mistake, you can alway revert back to factory bin file in your pcm.

Many factory tune bin files are available at the gear head efi forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts