LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm going to be doing some work to my T/A in the next couple weeks here and I want to end with a tune to make sure I'm getting optimal gain out of my parts. I'm going to be installing an LT4 Hot Cam kit, Stage 1 Competition Clutch, BBK short headers (Emissions :( ) a transmission rebuild along with various other small parts.

I want to know if anyone has any recommendations on tuning, whether there's something I can buy to tune it myself or if I should just have it taken to a professional tuner?

I'd much rather buy a tuner or some kind of software to where I can tune the car myself.

My car is a 95 T/A with an OBD 2 port.

Thank you for any input. :LS1LT1flag:

·
Global Moderator
13,428 Posts
Your 95 has the obd2 type port, but is an obd1 type computer system.

Yes tunercat obd1 tuner is the tuning software to do the job. The tuner with $EE definition file, needed to read your 95 pcm, will cost you about $90 You can also get a whole kit that includes tuner, cable, definition file, and scan program DataMaster to data log and make sure you've tuned correctly. It's about $250

However, you need to learn about tuning before you attempt to tune your car. An improper tune can damage your engine. So search the net for how to tune info before you have at it.

Tunercat is available at TunerCat Also you can get a more inexpensive cable at ALDL OBD1 OBD cable OBDI OBD2 engine codes And 4th gen section has free obd1 scan program made by member GaryDoug. Designed especially for 94 & 95 f-bodies. It does codes, running sensor scans, and unlike any other program around, it does abs and sir codes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome info! I'll definitely look into those. In your opinion, is it worth it to get the pro tuning kit or just stick with the regular kit?

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Global Moderator
13,428 Posts
Yes the pro kit is worth it because it comes with the scan program DataMaster. DataMaster does one thing that no other obd1 scan program does. It allows you to log your sensor data to a file that can be played back in real time on DataMaster.

That way if you are having trouble which you can't figure out, you can post the file to a file sharing site, link it to the forum, and have members help you by running your data on their copy of DataMaster.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The LT1 PCM Tuning site listed above seems like pretty legit work. I'd be interested in going with him as these are probably my last big upgrades before I start college.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts