LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see, I can get tunerpro for free and spend 50-80 bucks on a cable, or get Tunercat lt1 and get the whole package for about 150.

Does anybody know if there is a big difference in usablity and support?

Any suggestions on other software?

I'm probably just gonna do my data logging with my snapon solus scanner.

ps.
94 Z28 obd1

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
TunerPro RT will do live view and some logging, where TunerCats will not. However, you'll need winflash (from tunercats for around $20) to program the PCM with TunerPro as it will not program anything.

As far as adjusting parameters, they are about the same its just what you get use to. DataMaster and Freescan both do logging, Freescan is free.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
As I said I'm not worried about logging or scanning. I got that covered with the snap-on scanner.

Just want to work with the programming.

Maybe down the line if I dont feel comfortable enough doing the progamming myself have someone write one for me.

This was what I was looking at....

The OBDI LT1 Tuning Kits are complete packages with everything you need to tune your 1994/1995 LT1 car. It allows you to read the current calibration information currently stored in the car's computer, view and edit this information as needed and then program the car's computer with the modified calibration.

Each kit includes:
The high quality cables and converter included in the kit are also compatible with DataMaster and most other scan tool and data logging software. Three versions of the kit are available; the LT1-Tune-1 which includes the OBD1 style (12 pin) ALDL cable for cars with the OBDI style ALDL connector, the LT1-Tune-2 which includes the OBDII style (16 pin) ALDL cable for cars with the OBDII style ALDL connector and the LT1-Tune-Y which includes an ALDL cable with both an OBDI and OBDII style connectors. Support for additional vehicle types can be added by purchasing additional ECM Definition Files.

The price of the LT1-Tune-1 and LT1-Tune-2 kits is $159.95 and $184.95 for the LT1-Tune-Y kit. The price includes USPS Priority shipping within the U.S. There is a $25.00 additional shipping charge for international shipments.

LT1-Tune-1 (12 pin ALDL)

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
What did you bump it for, any specific questions you want answered?

You can't go wrong with the package you listed, but rt is cheaper in the end, just not as easy to use IMO.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What did you bump it for, any specific questions you want answered?

You can't go wrong with the package you listed, but rt is cheaper in the end, just not as easy to use IMO.
Just trying to get as many opinions as possible. I've found with any computer program, once you make the choice of witch one to use you kinda lock yourself into that program. unless you want to start all over.

+ You just answered one of my questions saying tuercat is easier to use

·
Admin
8,048 Posts
It is easier to use and you aren't really locked into it. If you buy the TunerCat kit and don't like TunerCats, RT is free and you'll already have the cable. Plus if you own TunerCat you'll be able to upload with it still.

You can always get the cable and try TunerCats for the free trial period to see if you like it or not.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks 95z,
I think I will go with tunercats.
I had already downloaded rt and a definition file just to check it out and see how it worked.

This should be fun!

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well... 9 months after posting this thread I still havn't ordered it.
Picked up a new laptop for it and all of a sudden life got in the way and all my money has been going in other directions!

It looks like it's gonna be tax return time before I'm gonna have fun money to throw at the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at ordering tunercats, I was wondering how it worked out for you and how easy it is to navigate?

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
this is a very old thread

but all the same

tunerpro has improved a lot as a tuning option for the LT1 since i ground away like a hundred hours enhancing the definition file

you need tunercat or winflash regardless, and tunerpro is free, so actually you kinda need both of them... and you can use whichever is easiest for the task at hand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tunercat works pretty good for me
So far I've only adjusted fan turn on speed, top speed governor, and air/erg delete
Haven't really figured out how to adjust parameters that give me more power.
Kinda got frustrated and gave up. Maybe one day I'll try again.
Really would like to learn more bout tuning to gain better gas milage
Or more horsepower.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have both. Steveo's XDF is the bomb! Thanks for the hard work!

I started with TunerCat, then downloaded TunerPro RT for the 3D graphing.

Now I use TunerCat to load files, but Tuner Pro RT to tune. The 3D graphs make tuning 1000 times easier than TunerCat to me, just click and drag....

For data logging I use Scan9495 (Free), I actually like this better than TTS Datamaster. I don't know how to graph data logs on Tuner Pro, so that is why I use Scan9495. TTS Datamaster does have the 1/4 mile simulator, and has proven to be pretty close in my tests ([email protected] 4900ft DA vs. my actual track times of [email protected] 5620 DA).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts