LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody i purchased a 96 trans am and have installed afr 195 cc lt4 heads and intake witha stock cam ( i left the short block alone it has 97000 miles on it )and am currently installing a procharger. im doing all of this work at once and am almost near completion. a friend of mine told me that when i fire this car up it may not even run without being tuned is this true?

if so what do i need to do to tune it? can i take it somewhere? or do i need to buy some type of programmer? im a little confused on how to go about this i dont mind paying someone to do it? also does the tune affect engine durability? does anybody know of a shop in the St. Louis area??

·
Registered
40 Posts
as long as you have the stock cam/injectors you should have little to no problems upon firing it up...with the addition of the blower you should seriously consider a tune...dyno or otherwise...if you plan on doing it yourself your options are fairly limited tunercats & lt1edit are whats out there right now...personally i would recommend tunercats of the two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where can i get tunercats at and how much is it also what kind of equipment will i need to use it

·
Registered
40 Posts
tunercat.com and email them Its $379 for the hardware & software for 1 definition file ie 96/97 lt1 cars ie fbodies/impalas i believe....monodox.com has the pricing on there as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tunercats is a pretty nice program from what I have seen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts