LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it all began with getting embarrassed by a mustang on I-95 that I could easily stay with until I hit my speed limiter of 110. I looked into getting a handheld tuner to get rid of that pesky feature and they are between 300-500 dollars with is a little steep for a college kid. That being said is there anyone around Charlotte or Fayetteville that has a handheld tuner that works for a 1995 that can tune out speed limiter. I will compensate for your time. Done let another f-body lose to a mustang. :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
if you were willing to buy an inexpensive ($75 i think) cable for your laptop, though, we could easily help you remove that feature, and more.. that's how these things are usually tuned.

the only simple "handheld tuner" for your car is the hypertech. it's vin locked, you can only use it on one car, so finding someone with one wouldn't do you any good, unless they're willing to unload their own tune, at which point it would work.

·
Global Moderator
13,566 Posts
As stated in the duplicate thread in the south eastern section, go with tunercat obd1 tuner free trial, $EE definition file for 20 bucks, and buy the $60 cable I mentioned.

Please in the future, limit your question to 1 thread in 1 section. I thank you for your cooperation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts