LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to tell if my PCM has been tuned for the mods the previous owner did? I bought my 1996 Z28 SS from a used car dealer, and they gave me the stock cam in the Comp Cams box , which was installed by the previous owner who they say is a master mechanic / VA State Inspector .They said the previous owner had also installed under drive pulleys and 410 gears, but that's all they knew - They also gave me a Hypertech Tuner that was registered to my cars vin#. The car runs well , and the previous owner had the Redline set to 6800 RPM in the Hypertech memory. Thanks

·
Registered
494 Posts
if it runs well its possible that the hypertech tuner could have compinsated for the cam but in all reality. chevk a/f ratio.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help! I plan to try PCM 4less to get a mail order tune. Are there better alternatives? I live in maryland and I don't think there is a shop near me to have it done. I would like to have it Dynoed just for curiosity of the HP, but can't find a shop. Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks , an AFR gauge is on my list of things I want to install soon, this is my first LT1. Is the gauge easy to wire? Can I use an existing O2 sensor for the new gauge, or install a separate one? The better Autometer AFR gauges seem to come with one, for about $200. Thanks for your help !

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had a hypertech on My car.. and just had to do a Pcmforless tune... You.cant have both per pcm foress... So if the hypertech is installed no seperate tune installed.. also I highly doubt a hypertech will compensate for a cam.... Just My knowledge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts