LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching all over to find this answer but I cant :eek: If I were to get true duals would it throw the check engine light due to the O2 sensors not being hooked up? And if it does is there any way around that....I just dont want my dash being lit up the entire time I have this exhaust :thumbdown Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
duals can work, if you do a lil work

if you really want true duals, you may have to do what i did on my 95 mustang. i had shorty headers and then just straight back and took o2 sensors and unhooked them, but light came on in dash after a couple days,, so i went back and took off my headers, drilled the right size hole for my sensors, then welded a nut with thread half inside half outside the exhaust, this allowed me to use o2 sensors with duals and not have the light on.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just either get the things that trick the o2 sensor into thinking it is pluged in. Or, better yet, have your PCM reprogramed so that those sensors don't even exist anymore to the computer. "Delete" them :) .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
LT1-TA said:
Just either get the things that trick the o2 sensor into thinking it is pluged in. Or, better yet, have your PCM reprogramed so that those sensors don't even exist anymore to the computer. "Delete" them :) .

Like he said, best bet is to use HP Tuners or something to that effect and turn off the rear O2's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Or, you could find a 5 Volt source, create a voltage divider with a potentiometer so that you can adjust what the computer thinks the voltage from the O2 sensor is! First you'd wanna measure the normal voltage that the O2 sensor outputs with normal exaust. Then, if you turned the potentiometer one way, decreasing the output voltage of the circuit, then the car would add more gas into the air/fuel ratio, therefore making it run richer. Then you could turn the knob other way, and make it run leaner. But, if you made the voltage a certain voltage (I'm not sure what this voltage is), then the computer would think that the O2 sensor has not warmed up yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys you all have been a big help.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts