LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any problem with their '98 or newer F bodies?

I replaced my electric smog pump the relay and solenoid and check valves and still can't get rid of these codes. Any help or advice would be appreciated cause I can't pass smog with it setting these codes.

P0410, P0412, P0418 all to do with the air injection

·
Registered
772 Posts
Do you hear the pump running for the first two minutes of engine warm up? The answer should be NO if it is failing those tests. I assume you have checked the AIR pump fuse in the underhood electrical center. It sounds like there is no 12v to the circuits for the relays, since it fails both relay drives. P0412 and P0418 have nothing directly to do with the pump or solenoid. They indicate that the relay coils circuit is open somewhere. Check for 12v at the AIR pump fuse. Then check the 12v at the relays socket pins for relay pins #85.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right there is an open somewhere in the circuit. No power at the air pump fuse. I checked the fusible links that control those circuits and they are good. I guess I'll take it in somewhere and have it fixed. I've run out of patience with it, but got to get it smoged, it's only 4 months past due, lucky I paid my DMV fee's on time. I was thinking it was a common problem and a Chevy dealer mechanic would know exactly what the problem was. I'll repost when I find out exactly where the problem was.

Thanks,

·
Registered
772 Posts
If you do not have 12v at the AIR Pump fuse and the engine runs, there must be a problem with that fuse box. The AIR pump fuse is on the same electrical bus with the PCM Battery fuse and the Fuel Pump fuse in the same fuse box. A single wire supplies all three of those, coming from the larger Engine Control fuse in the other under-hood fuse box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI
I finally found what my problem was. I had a battery that was leaking acid and it had dripped down below the battery tray and got into my wire harness which runs right along that area and it ate through some of the wires which happened to be the wiring for the smog pump. I replaced the defected wires and no more trouble codes.

Thanks for your help to all who had suggestions on a fix for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts