LS1LT1 Forum banner

transgo

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Pro Built Automatics 
#1 ·
Hey guy's what do you think of Transgos separator plate?

I am getting one of there shift kits and would like to know if I should buy the plate as well.

thanks

#5 ·
My bad, I'm not thinking of the right thing then.

No, just re-use your existing plate...the kit comes with plugs that you use to close up some of the holes in the plate, and then you enlarge others....Works just as well as getting a new plate.

How much does the new plate cost? If it was like $20 it would be worth it to no have to hassle with the stock one, but if its like $100 then forget it.

#6 ·
I kind of feel silly now......the pate is just $16.00 US so still just around $20.00 Can.

Iam sure that with the kit the shipping wont be anymore,as they can put them together....................I know just buy the plate ya cheep bas#$@.

#8 ·
Get the plate if you can. $20can is worth the money. 2 reasons:
1. No need to drill/plug any holes
2. Where the 1-2 / 3-4 accumulator springs seat on the plate, they wear that plate area out over time and could eventually break through if you end up getting the super firm shift springs in that kit.

My two cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.