LS1LT1 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
How much room do you have between those mufflers and the ground? Do you drive it on the street or just the track? I have been wanting to to the true duels pretty close to the same as you have, but figured they would be hitting the road all the time.

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I got out of the Guard in January of 08, I was Reg army before that, I am a mechanic by trade, but i am starting a sandblasting and powdercoating business, That will also do triple chrome plating, anodizing etc. Right now , i am buying all the tools so i will own everything before opening for business , this will allow more of the income to insure a healthy bottom line.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Great write up!

I went with the Holley/NOS TB back in 2001 and ran a 150, 180, 225 shot dry!! I did run the 10 bolt up thru the 180 shot. I sprayed right outta the hole and thru the traps. I just used WOT microswitch on my TB, and turned it loose. I did rebuild the engine before I started running nitrous early that year in 2001. I got some used SLP shorties & y-pipe from a buddy who was upgrading. LOL i bought ALOT of his used parts back then!!! I had stock crank and rods with ROSS RACING pistons. Stock Intake ported for the 58mm TB, Stock heads & valves. Just did a cam swap, springs, retainers ect and 1.6 roller rockers. I was running ET DRAGS, I could never get the hook out of the drag radials. I broke my 10 bolt with the 180 shot. Ran the 150 shot for at least a month or so twice a week!!! The 180 shot did it in though. LOL i didnt have the money back then for a 9". I just run what I brung, and hope it stayed together long enough to have some fun!

I did however end up getting a Moser 9" after that 180 shot pass! Well worth the money!

I have a good Torque Arm story I would share, and would probably get a few laughs!! It would be some GOOD input for a newbie 4th gen F-body drag racer! I have been drag racing since 1997 and I learned most EVERYTHING the hard way!!!:lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great story, I just bought a 96' T/A M6 and I love it, i was into the import scene before and had a faster sr20 240sx, but I love the feel of american muscle and your article has inspired me to make this thing amazing, and to take the time to do it right. Thanks for the article, and good job on a beautiful trans am.:LS1LT1flag:

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
you need another bird in the bird house.. i have one for ya! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree with what has been said, great history and I' guessing you have some time vested with uncle sam at some point, so I salute you.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts