LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a bone stock 1997 trans am ws6. It has 125,000 miles on it. Im the second owner the car has not been beat on alot like most but dont get me wrong i have had some fun with it. But what will be the best mods to put on the car? It is driven a few times a week during the summer im looking for a street racing car. My price range is about 3000 to 5000. It says it has 320 HP im looking for high 300's or low 400 HP. Im tired of mustang with nos and mods beating me. With the millage on the car is it even worth droping that kind of money into it?

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Spelling Bee winnah!
5,018 Posts
The 1997 WS6 is an extremely rare trim. If it's clean and original and you love it I wouldn't throw modifications at it. At this point that car is more of an investment that you may or may not have known about when you bought it. If you start throwing aftermarket parts at it you will be hurting it's value. Let's just say the Ram Air Box for the LT1 WS6 in fantastic condition are going for nearly $1,000. They only made that trim for the LT1 for two years, if I remember correctly. Yes, it would be worth it to throw some money at the car to achieve your quickness goal. But, it will hurt the value of the car overall.

If you want something as a fun project car I always thought a Fox Body mustang with a junkyard LQ swap is a good choice. You could buy a Fox shell and the engine for a mere couple grand. That way you have your nice cruiser / show car and a street/strip car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts