LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm here because I just inherited a 1995 Trans Am from my brother who passed away in April :cry:, the car is in great shape with 111k miles and a 5.7L Engine. I've been fixing little things here and there on it. I like to thinker and work on my own cars and learn more about them. Recently I noticed a rattle under the car, it almost sounds like the muffler is hitting somewhere when I step on the gas! Have you guys had this problem? how did you fix it.

Thank you all for having this Forum and I hope with your help I can learn a lot about Trans Am and F Body cars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Probably bumping a guard underneath car about in the middle. 4 bolts, you can take it off and bend it a little and replace. Just soft aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably bumping a guard underneath car about in the middle. 4 bolts, you can take it off and bend it a little and replace. Just soft aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you Mark611 for your reply, I will get it up on the ramps later today and check it out.(y)

·
Global Moderator
13,268 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

A problem that older cars have is rubber parts that are bad. Take a look at the exhaust mounts, engine & transmission mounts.

In addition, take a look at the rubber mount that torque arm has at rear of trans.

As a resource, you can go to the following link & download the 95 factory service manual www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

And try the shoebox site. It's packed with good lt1 info. www.shbox.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts