LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tranny issue possibly:
I have a 94 Formula A4 i beleieve it's a 4L60E, but when going from park to drive it hesitates, its like it's in neutral, then starts moving, havn't really messed around with automatics too much and this is my 1st automatic besides my 94 cherokee which doesn't do this.
Is this normal? or maybe did someone do something to it? I just bought the car from my buddy because he is having finacial issues however he doesn't know much about the car/whats been done to it.

tranny fluid is good..... what else can i check?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Mine was like that before I got it built. In not saying you need a rebuild, I'm just saying after the build it literally lunges out of park and into gear. Them again, I do have my transmission set for drag mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh well thanks hopefully it doesn't need a rebuild i really don't feel like yanking that bad boy out

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I highly doubt you do. Mine would go into basically neutral once I hit 5,000 rpm and I ended up losing 3rd and 4th gear. You'll know when you need a rebuild, but a delay when shifting into drive I would think is pretty normal.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I highly doubt you do. Mine would go into basically neutral once I hit 5,000 rpm and I ended up losing 3rd and 4th gear. You'll know when you need a rebuild, but a delay when shifting into drive I would think is pretty normal.
alright sweet thanks

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Most likely a problem with the forward clutches. Either burnt, worn, or the material is flaking off. It could also be a cracked forward piston. 4L60Es are notorious for this.

Frank

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most likely a problem with the forward clutches. Either burnt, worn, or the material is flaking off. It could also be a cracked forward piston. 4L60Es are notorious for this.

Frank
damn i liked the other guys responses, i guess ill call around and see what a rebuild would cost, maybe go ahead and do torque converter and drive shaft

1 - 7 of 7 Posts