LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 formula with a m6. I want a auto trans. I thought about a th350 but I want to keep the speedometer, does anyone make some kind of an adapter for this? convert old style to new style for the speedo cable. or if i go with a 4l60e, what kind of new wires will I need to hook up all the sensors? what are your thoughts???

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
for the th350 you will need a speedo gear kit, like 110 bucks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is this speedo kit? and where do I get one? This kit would allow me to keep the electric speedometer, with the th350? thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hope you dont mind me asking, but why are you going from such a strong tranny to such a weak one..?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hope you dont mind me asking, but why are you going from such a strong tranny to such a weak one..? I've noticed alot of people have very suped cars here, and it just strikes my attention, as to if you have a choice, why not go with a TH400? I have went through quite a few 350 turbo's and the only reason I have one in my car was because It was all I had at the time. I'm just saying when making such a huge transition from the stick to the auto, I would most certainly go with a stronger trans.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well just because the th400 weighs more, and I have a guy who can build some good tranny's, the last th350 i had held up to a 9.50 car weighing in at 3350# the th400 also takes more hp to turn. this car I only plan on running in the 10's so the th350 will work fine. I just want to keep my speedo, thats my only concern.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
CamaroJake said:
I hope you dont mind me asking, but why are you going from such a strong tranny to such a weak one..? I've noticed alot of people have very suped cars here, and it just strikes my attention, as to if you have a choice, why not go with a TH400? I have went through quite a few 350 turbo's and the only reason I have one in my car was because It was all I had at the time. I'm just saying when making such a huge transition from the stick to the auto, I would most certainly go with a stronger trans.
while i agree that the 350 in stock form is weaker then the 400, but the 350 can and has been built to hold all kinds of power:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts