LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, im 184 on there...

i love that site, you can go on there and see what people are running, and what works. this is assuming that they are totally honest, which im sure many are not but ist still a good research tool

·
Registered
77 Posts
I went [email protected] earlier this year, but haven't been back to the track since.

I also help moderate that Dynamic ET Page :D

:streetrac <- heh, this smilie fits me :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
sleeperSS said:
welcome aboard man....i've seen your name in alot of my searches over on the impala forum lately......mostly cam research

care to share your specs?
my cam specs? sure, the cam that is in the motor right now is 191/[email protected] on a 111LSA with just .418/.430" lift :D ;) The one that is in my other motor (that I'm still testing on before putting it in the car) is a wee bit bigger at 230/236 on a 110LSA with around 50% more lift.

Look at #114 on the ET Page for the rest of my info.

·
Registered
37 Posts

13.83 / 98.17 June 27, 2002. All on atmospheric pressure, gasoline, and 350 cubes on stock tires. ? tank of fuel, spare tire, subwoofer, and my weight. Just like you'd find me on the street.

It's big. It's black. It's on your back.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't have any 1/4 times but after the hotcam kit install on basically stock Aluminum heads, CAI, 2400 stall, 3.08's, etc, it ran a best of 1.9 60' on the street tires (spinning like mad) and [email protected] This is my wife racing. She cuts consistant .0xx lights and she seem to run better et's. Since it is HER car. she knows the feel of tire spin better tna me and can control it better. But as soon as I get back from this sand hole, she's getting some stickies and a better stall. And probably a 100 shot.

EDIT: Oh and it does have the AB long tubes. I think it's quite weak though. We had it dynoed and it only put down 300/301rwhp/tq.

·
Registered
12 Posts
this is assuming that they are totally honest, which im sure many are not but ist still a good research tool
Well I can't speak for most of the guys on that page but I have met John Rafteseth(#5) and his car club when we went to a show here in GA together, and he is a legit guy. If he doesn't want to tell you it will say what it does in the box "secret". Karl Ellwein (#4) is who I'm thinking about buying a motor from because he is doing some really great work and using some quality parts to build his engines. Very nice and helpful guy and I don't think he would lie.

Is the ET you posted from your civic or the SS you owned some time?
(by the way lt1 lsx knocks the sox off vortec)

·
Registered
77 Posts
very few racers will tell all their secrets. I have a feeling that Big John R is in that club. He's a great guy though.

Karl seems to be the kind of guy that has no problem at all telling you EVERYTHING about his ride if you ask about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just joined, spend most of my time on NAISSO and ImpalaSSforum. I haven't been to the track since April, times were [email protected] 93.4. Just had the car dyno tuned in CT with the Tri-9 club, 250 at the wheels. Sept 17th going to Lebanon Valley dragway in NY with the new suspension installed to see how she does.

·
Registered
895 Posts
YAY! My cadillac is forth from the bottom on that page. 357. Only thing I lied about was the rear end. I found out it was a 2.93, due to the R1P option. But that was it's first, only, and last time to the drag strip. May it Rest In Piece at the junk yard. :banghead: (very soon, once it leaves my drive way... I kinda drove it into a tree around 70 MPH. ) but I have not a scratch on me. Good job car.:usa:

94 Fleetwood: 14.97 at 91.81

96 Caprice 9C1: 14.29. but before I owned it.

Karl seams like a real stand up honest guy who would bend over backwards to help you.

So I don't lose this info.

$350 - Cold Air intake system
$300 - Bigger 52mm Throttle body, and larger MAF sensor
$400 - Performance valvesprings, and Roller rockers
$150 - PCM tuned, also lots of hours with a wideband Oxygen sensor to tune aswell
$900 - Tri-Y headers, and pipes
$300 - Catback X pipe, and Spintech mufflers
$1100 - Rebuilt rearend, with 3.73's, eaton posi, new axles, bearings, and seals.
$1800 - Race rebuilt trans
$550 - 3000 rpm High stall torque converter
$400 - Racetronix fuel pump, power harness, and larger fuel injectors
$200 - Impala SS springs, and sway bars.
$100 - Airlift, rear spring air bags for drag racing, and loads.
$200 - BMR lower rear control arms
$200 - Aftermarket adjustable racing shocks
$200 - Transmission tubular crossmember
$75 - Driveshaft safety loop

So in performance parts alone, some of which I have laying around for my Buick, AND I have many on the Caprice. So I could sell one of them off.

I come up with. $7,225... I paid likely close to $3,000 for my Roadmaster, and to get it home. Sounds like a deal to me, even if it has 180,000 miles on it!!

On top of that, it has:

Impala SS rims, with 285's out back, and 255's up front. The tires are not very old.
Gauges, Tach, oil pressure, water/trans temp, alt output, and others. Even has a hidden shift light.
Line Lock for the brakes. A button will hold pressure to the front brakes.
Engine has lots of powder coated parts, chrome, billet, and corvette dress up kit.
Transmission external filter kit
Aftermarket stereo, and rear speakers
Brakes are not very old
oil was changed more often than ever 3000 miles, with Castrol sythetic
Every gasket, and seal ont he engine has been replaced
Every accesory has been replaced, A/C even.
interior is spotless, it has a set of racing seats, but I would take those out right away.
Exterior has been repainted, and it looks like it was done very well. Had rust in the rear, but it was cut out, and a patch welded in
Bottom if the car is undercoated
interior floor pan is covered with dynamat sound insolator

and certainly lots of things I forgot. His car is amazing. It has run a best of 13.55 at the dragstrip, and he has done a few things to it since then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts