LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I love my 1999 V6, but honestly the 5 Speed is tough, and when zou come from Germany you are use to smooth shifting. I thought it was better for 5 Spd since I grow up with them, I love em, but the shifting could be a bit better. I have no Idea where to start, what can I do to make it shift better, there are so many of these kits out there. Let me know what you guys thing its the best

Lars

·
Registered
891 Posts
A shift kit for a 5 speed? You're talking about a manual transmission right?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A shift kit for a 5 speed? You're talking about a manual transmission right?
Sorry my english, I still translate some stuff wrong sometimes. Yes, I am talking about a manual Transmission :thumbsup:

·
Registered
891 Posts
I've never heard of a shift kit for a manual transmission. Is your tranny just shifting hard? Maybe it's just time for a rebuild.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm just wondering you talk about the Firehawk...kinda beside me in the last time here lol, sorry. Its not hard, it shifts nice. I just wonder cause I read people go with Hurst short shifter and everybody says that helps a bit...Tranny is just rebuild, probly a bit tough right now, that is all :cool: So wonder what the short shifter will help...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
The short throw shifter will make your gears closer together. Less travel between gears.

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
Hmm just wondering you talk about the Firehawk...kinda beside me in the last time here lol, sorry. Its not hard, it shifts nice. I just wonder cause I read people go with Hurst short shifter and everybody says that helps a bit...Tranny is just rebuild, probly a bit tough right now, that is all :cool: So wonder what the short shifter will help...
I'm sorry your broken English is tough to understand, Yes I do have a Firehawk, It has the SLP shifter.

The only way the shifter will help is if your shifter is worn out. We are just trying to understand what you are referring to when you say "shift kit" so we can help you out.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The short throw shifter will make your gears closer together. Less travel between gears.
There ya go, thanks that was what I was looking for. So now the question again: Wich is the best "short throw shifter" :LS1LT1flag::D My english usualy is okay, just meet german friends yesterday and then it takes me a day to sort me again :banghead::lol:.

Lars

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
From what Transman said the SLP brand shifter would be good for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My broken English is usually pretty good having friends from Germany (usually soldiers wives that were deployed there)
Lol, sounds like you are from another country as well. With me I am honest, writing is a bit more worse, then talking. Most of the people used to say I was from England 4 years after I came over, now I lost the accent almost completely.

Thank you for the SLP tip, what do you think that will cost me later?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts