LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And on I go with the continuing build of my 25th. This time its the trans and converter. My combo consists of a forged 383 with a procharger. I am not sure on cam yet but it will probably be something on the mild side. The rear is a 3.73 now but may be changed to a 3.42 since I am having problems with the 3.73 I now have. Both are 10 bolts.

On with the trans which looks like it will be a 4l65e conversion. Which leaves the converter. What brand and stall range works best with blown applications? This is a 98% street car with rare track time. It is not a daily driver but more of a show/cruise car.

Thanks

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would call either PI or yank and see what they recommend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The stall that you would need is to be based on what is done to the motor, such as the duration of the camshaft at .050" lift, the lobe seperation, how much power the Pro Charger is adding, head work, etc. How do you drive, conservative, moderate, moderately agressive, or agressive? This will help determine what stall is needed. I would go with 3.42's or 3.23's with this combination. Let me know?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
"most" blower cams are fairly mild,

blowers make GOBBS of TQ so your stall does not have to be as high to get a good launch,

just based on what you said I would go with something in the 3000-3200 stall range and a 2.0 STR /lock up style
if you plan on going any higher then that, then plan on replacing that rear for a 12 bolt.
were you to go with a 12 bolt rear i would up the str to 2.5 for a street car.

good luck with your build :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts