LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got a 97 z28 and I really have been thinking,i want to upgrade and go to an LS package. but after looking at prices and considerable amounts of work im not sure if its worth doing the swap or not. the other option i considered is to sell my LT and just get a newer camro but either way I want to do an LS2 package whether I keep my 97 or go newer. can anyone give me some advice on which way i should go? or anyone thats done the project already. thanks

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
how much do you love your car's body anyway?

you already have the same interior, just the nose would be different when you're done with it, if you do a swap from a rear ended donor car or something

if it was me i'd do the swap, just cause then the entire thing would have been assembled BY ME, but it's not cost effective, that's for sure

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
but like i said even if i got a newer one id be doing a ls2 swap over the ls1 so either way id be doing the work you get what i mean? so get a newer one then go from there?? besides the motor what do you have to do for the tranny and also fuel system, wiring harness, and anything else if i swapped out my LT? im not 100% on it all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Why would you buy a different car to swap in the motor you know you want when you have a perfectly elligible car already? Lol if anything that would save you some money. Unless your car is in horrible condition

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why would you buy a different car to swap in the motor you know you want when you have a perfectly elligible car already? Lol if anything that would save you some money. Unless your car is in horrible condition
well the thing is you you need more than a motor for swapping out the LT....i wanna do mine right. i cant find any ls2 motor for under 4-5 grand add the tranny to the package and thats over 6 grand. i found 98-02 camaros for 7grand on average. im just saying theres alot to go into a swap besides throw in a motor and go in the LT body. you atleast have the right platform with the LS body and will only need the motor then. again, im not sure on all i have to do for the swap if i did do it anyway...can anyone give me a better idea of what all would have to be changed out in the swap?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts