LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got My Girls off to College My 96 convertible has sat for 12 years mouse nests in the blower motor 3 jobs 12 years now Im starting to rip into it .Long way to go replacing seals and opti spark ,water pump ect . Glad there is this site. I live in A2 Michigan . My name is Tommy

·
Global Moderator
13,118 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1st off, I will advise you when you get a new opti, use only GM,Delco, Delphi, or MSD. The rest are a sorry lot that will either be doa right out of the box. Or fail before you've put 5 or 6 thousand miles on the car.

For info, get the 96 factory service manual at the following link. While it was written for professional mechanics, and doesn't give step by step instructions on removing and replacing many parts, it is still loaded with much useful info.

Such as driveabilty and emissions section which has test procedures, trouble code explanations, and other info. It has complete wiring diagrams, and much more. Get it at www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

You didn't say weather your car is a v6 or v8. But if it is a LT1 v8 car the shoebox site has a wealth of Lt1 info. It even has step by step instructins for many tasks. www.shbox.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

1st off, I will advise you when you get a new opti, use only GM,Delco, Delphi, or MSD. The rest are a sorry lot that will either be doa right out of the box. Or fail before you've put 5 or 6 thousand miles on the car.

For info, get the 96 factory service manual at the following link. While it was written for professional mechanics, and doesn't give step by step instructions on removing and replacing many parts, it is still loaded with much useful info.

Such as driveabilty and emissions section which has test procedures, trouble code explanations, and other info. It has complete wiring diagrams, and much more. Get it at www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti

You didn't say weather your car is a v6 or v8. But if it is a LT1 v8 car the shoebox site has a wealth of Lt1 info. It even has step by step instructins for many tasks. www.shbox.com
Thanks I appreciate the advice. I spoke with Rob from shbox and he had suggested a Guy on eBay who will rebuild it for 300 dollars, and has done this for years video included. He will also pay 70 dollars for old optis. The reviews are great for all the years hes been doing it.
Optispark reconditioning service with data that it works | eBay
It is the 350 wish me luck and Thanks again.....Tommy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts