LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An 05' Pontiac Gran Prix GXP, the one with the LS4 V8, set a new stock best for those cars yesterday with a 13.65 @102.37. All the guy did was pull his headlight. Had a 2.09 60' I believe. These cars are gonna run even better numbers when A.) the mods start coming out B.) the owners start running some sticky tires C.) someone can crack the computers.

I'm envious! lol

·
Registered
612 Posts
not bad for a FWD family car. anybody know what they dyno?

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Very nice... Do I see a new car in NiceTry's future!!! LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
I drove one this weekend it was crazy fast fro a sedan.Very well balanced car handled nice too. Very impressive for a front drive car. Sounds great from the factory. Also had 243 casting heads on it sweet. What you mean when mods start coming out all LSx mods will work just fine just need a set of headers for it.

Nate

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actaully, all the mods won't work, as they have a specially designed cam due to the DoD(Displacement on Demand). Manufacturers, such as Comp and Crane are already working on trying to get some cams out for these cars, but as usual, are running way behind. Also, noone has been able to crack the computers on these cars either. There's absolutely nothing available for these cars right now, other than what you build yourself. I've managed to show some of the guys how to build their own FWI, and have also informed them about cutouts. Here's the kicker though, one guy ran his last week with the cutout open, and lost almost 2 mph compared to what the car ran with it closed......go figure. The factory exhaust is really good on those cars.

And for my fellow MTFBA bretheren, there will be no trade-ins going on, as my piddly ole 6-cyl CompG is as quick as the fastest GXP's right now. ;)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
shit hot for what it is....

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Also keep in mind the GXP doesn't have nearly the tall overdrive a T56 F-body does.

·
Registered
330 Posts
THat's impressive. We almost looked at one over the summer but the price tag drove us away.

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
News announcement on the Gas mileage ? ... While driving around with the old lady for the holidays , (thought of ya chris when i went through Nashyvillage ) i got 26 mpg averaging 82 mph ... i was flying and got great gas mileage .. got into Arkansas where there speedo limit wouldnt let me touch 6th i got 18 mpg at a snails crawl .. (55 mph) i say lets write our congressmen yall .." raise the speed limits for the enviroments sake " ... hell i oughta run for congress on that ticket .. any votes ?? lol , hell id vote for that guy -- democrat or republican .. whatyall thank ?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts