LS1LT1 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
That's awesome congrats man!!!
Thanks Dave! Thanks again for adjusting my tune. Not going into lockup helped a ton! I can't believe I'm saying it but looks like you have a little catching up to do :D Might want to lose your truck transmission ;) I think side by side we would be next to each other the whole strip.

Launch pic looks bad ass, I would set it as your SIG pic. Great numbers especially for a DD.
Thanks man! I guess I shouldn't call it a DD anymore as I do prefer to drive my wrangler BUT I don't hesitate to jump in this thing and go!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
What's the motor specs again?

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
385 compstar crank and rods, 11.1:1 scr, le2s with his intake, 238/246 .608 on a 112 I think? I forget the lsa hahaha it was given to me. ls1 lid, TPIS 58mm, csr waterpump, ebay longtubes, magnaflow with a cutout, msd opti!!!!, PT4000, performabuilt level 2, ls1 drive shaft, 9 inch with 3.70's, 26 inch hoosiers. 3370 race weight with 3/4ish tank of premium. Typical street/strip car that found some good air. I'm tempted to bump up to 12.5 scr and/or some nitrous with a tighter converter but I'm really wanting to get into a house so I'm trying to count every penny ya know. The suspension was working decent but I think I can make up close to a tenth with chassis and suspension being worked on, hopefully netting some mid 1.4 60's as is.

·
Registered
936 Posts
That's an awesome setup. Do you know what the corrected times are? For me that's a high DA. You noted that it wasn't really a street car anymore, how bad is the street ability with that large of a cam?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Thanks Dave! Thanks again for adjusting my tune. Not going into lockup helped a ton! I can't believe I'm saying it but looks like you have a little catching up to do :D Might want to lose your truck transmission ;) I think side by side we would be next to each other the whole strip.
Glad to help and know it made a difference. Haha, I think a heads up race would be a blast. You nailed it though with a killer fighting weight + an extreme DA = awesome times. If I can slice off another 100lbs this winter and possibly 4:11 gears that should get me closer.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
That's just a really well set up and beautiful looking polo green lt1. I agree going up to 12.5 would help, I'm curious how much tho. What's your piston cc, quench, head gasket and head volume? Your already at 10.8, although at awesomely low DA. Can't get over how nice that car looks with the black wheels, I wish I would have taken better care of my paint by waxing it so it wouldn't have faded so bad on my plastic front fenders. How did you get the stripes and molding off so clean? I did 1 side and I couldn't get the glue all the way off and it looks like shit. SNM, you did his car, any tips on bringing my paint back to life? Do you think the catback is hding you back? Or the compression that's keeping your rwhp below 400?

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
That's an awesome setup. Do you know what the corrected times are? For me that's a high DA. You noted that it wasn't really a street car anymore, how bad is the street ability with that large of a cam?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well the cam kinda gets meh mpgs especially at highway speed but I drive fast. Its more in the converter though because its loose if you are more than part throttle. When it locks up its fine, I guess the gearing on the highway is also contributing haha. Trust me its not hard to drive on the street or anything, I actually love blasting around town. Its not something I want to drive in snow or heavy rain so that's why I got a jeep. Anyone who's driven or ridden in a wrangler knows how fun they are to drive :D As for corrected times, I believe its 11.0's pending on the 60'. I still want to experiment with launching.

Glad to help and know it made a difference. Haha, I think a heads up race would be a blast. You nailed it though with a killer fighting weight + an extreme DA = awesome times. If I can slice off another 100lbs this winter and possibly 4:11 gears that should get me closer.
Yeah we were extremely fortunate weather wise. I kinda want to dyno tune it and get the most out of the motor.

That's just a really well set up and beautiful looking polo green lt1. I agree going up to 12.5 would help, I'm curious how much tho. What's your piston cc, quench, head gasket and head volume? Your already at 10.8, although at awesomely low DA. Can't get over how nice that car looks with the black wheels, I wish I would have taken better care of my paint by waxing it so it wouldn't have faded so bad on my plastic front fenders. How did you get the stripes and molding off so clean? I did 1 side and I couldn't get the glue all the way off and it looks like shit. SNM, you did his car, any tips on bringing my paint back to life? Do you think the catback is hding you back? Or the compression that's keeping your rwhp below 400?
Thanks, trust me it photographs much better then in person. My buddy blackbirdws6 is amazing at detailing. I bet I could get a significant gain upping the scr but I have to find a cam card for this thing first. -16 cc srp pistons and the le2s were 54cc chambers. We zero decked the block. I can't find the paperwork for quench or head gaskets, the machine shop put it together. I used a heat gun to work the molding off then used my fingernail to clean the glue. You can make out the color difference if you look close buts its subtle. I'm sure the magnaflow is hurting me slightly and I think I could get another 20rwhp easy jumping a point and a half in compression and a dyno tune on that setup.

Last race I did against my roommate who was going 10.6's earlier. I was sleeping at the light though and trying to brake stall a little higher while not pushing through the lights. He's #7500 on the slip.

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Congratulations again, Adam. It was a great day all around. As for the SUPER LOW DA that everyone is talking about...just another November day at Atco!:roflmao:
Thanks John. I think we found Atlantis that day.....nice city :roflmao:

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Can't make up my mind here. Do I try to max this setup out? Its still on a mail order tune and I think the converter could be better. Do I throw a plate kit on it and chase after 9's? This would need a new converter and dyno tuning as well but I feel I will be finding the 4l60e won't be up to task. Do I pull the bottom end apart and replace the pistons and get the scr around 12-12.5:1? Or do I just leave it all the hell alone :roflmao: I need to occupy my mind more

·
Registered
449 Posts
Well u do that then our race would be null haha, ud have to spot me way da f out. Id max it out, new converter, th 400 and a trans brake, keep it pump gas, and get a tune thats dead nuts on za money

·
10 Second Opti Club
6,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I just can't bring myself to get rid of od. If I change the trans, I'm going t56 but I'm not looking to do that. I just need to get it on the dyno to see the power curve and put time into the setup myself.

·
Whistles go Whoooooooooo
16,470 Posts
I just can't bring myself to get rid of od. If I change the trans, I'm going t56 but I'm not looking to do that. I just need to get it on the dyno to see the power curve and put time into the setup myself.
You have all weekend working on my car/80e to smash your head enough to stop thinking about your car.

I say get it on the rollers (prepare for tears, #mustang) and then send data to converter company. Toss a plate kit on it, and shoot for low 10s.

Takes me two years to build a damn car and you guys just get there NA. :lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
449 Posts
If u were to get it tuned id swallow ur ego and take it to dave. Id rather bring it to somebody that will have get more power outta my car then someone who doesnt. How many 350s do u know of wit my hp for wat i have done to it? All in the tune

81 - 100 of 122 Posts