LS1LT1 Forum banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Spelling Bee winnah!
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I beat the crap out of the car last Friday night. AFR is still a tad on the lean side with E85. I'm going to replace my fuel filter (E85 can cleanse out old 93 contaminants and plug the filter) and check fuel pressure this week to make sure the pump can keep up. Either than that it was a really good night, I got my first Challenger Hellcat race.

So before comments go flying about this and that and the other thing. The Hellcat ran up on me first. We did a low roll from 20-60 and it was obvious the Hellcat is much more powerful, because it is! Then we rolled up to the light and I asked if he wanted to go off of it. He said no, as there are a lot of cops out. I said okay I understand. Yes, he lied. We both hit it, I wasn't trying too hard but I knew I had to race this thing from a dig.

So he pulled over to the gas station and we talked for a good while. Really cool guy! So yes, he had the red key, yes it was dialed in to the 700+ hp, but it was a manual and he only had it for a week. He showed us a few other cool gadget tricks too. Really neat stuff! So I asked him if he wanted to race, he said yes if we there is a good spot... I know a few! Just then a new Challenger Scat Pack rolled up with an automatic. Now this was getting good!

So fast forward to the line up:

G8 L76 with LSA S/C, ZR1 cam, and supporting mods.
Stock Coyote Mustang (chase car)
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
2015 Challenger Hellcat

We did a lot of races, dig only, we are big men! We raced and chatted from 10pm-2am. The whole time the Hellcat owner and I were trying to dial in his launch to make the race more competitive.

He used launch control twice. It was better for him to do it himself.

Race mode twice which takes away traction management, not good for street dig racing.

Street mode which only takes away 10% traction management.

To say the least on those oem tires Street mode with doing the launch himself was best but nearly impossible.

The Scat Pack did much better due to that automatic. I raced him three times. However once was the first race with all of us. The Hellcat owner was fumbling with controls and the Scat Pack left on time but the rest of us were waiting for the Hellcat to be ready. The second time was an even start and the Scat Pack didn't have enough to keep up. The third time I saw the owner roll up to the light and dust the tires before I was up with him. When I went into the light he shouted what sounded like, "Don't go off the light." and he rolled up the window. While my buddy and I were wondering wtf he said the light turned green and he left. I hit it but spun all of first, cold Mickey Tees don't work too great cold. I was reeling him in but before I was done with 3rd he shut it off.

The G8 is my buddies and we saw the video from last year. His car is getting faster every year!

At the end of the night the Hellcat owner complimented my car. He said when I pulled up at that light the first time he thought to himself, "Oh shit, I played with the wrong car... I'm going to lose." Then he said, "You really knocked me down a few pegs tonight." I told him I'm really interested to race him again when he feels more comfortable with the car. Then I heard him mumble, "Now I wish I bought the auto." I felt bad for him :(

To say the least I'm very humbled to have had the experience to race one of those bad ass machines so early in the season. However, I am not going to walk around strutting my stuff stating to everyone that I can beat a Hellcat... That would be a lie and untrue. It was fun yes, but not the Hellcat race I was looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4zgRL_9GFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW0ai2qar9w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wLzBryJD1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hjfpRrpKj0

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Dude that thing moves out! Glad you got runs in.

And yes the new Camera is leaps better! Hopefully night shoots will be just as good.

I'd get whooped by a Hellcat no matter what problems he had minus not knowing we were racing (hell, I'd probably still lose then). So it's something to be proud of, that Hellcat is a BEAST and you are able to get em from a dig (until he get's DR's, but even then I see it being pretty close). Something to be proud of for sure.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Off subjectmatter====LMAO--I watched the standoff across from your home...So they took a battering ram through the front door of a home...that no one was in...no gunman or witnesses...what made you want to record this? How did you cops were coming Bro? Who lives in the house?:popcorn:

·
Spelling Bee winnah!
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #186 (Edited)
Oh god lol..... Yeah man uhm... I wasn't going to say anything but I guess this thread has really become a story of my life with my Firebird so it can be related. I've been renting here for 2 years now and it's been a great street until yesterday. The suspect across the street moved in recently, about two months now. They seemed fine but they blatantly hit the bong on their porch and obvious drug dealing going on, so I stayed away. My next door neighbors also had their cousin move in... He too had a history or crime and arrests. About two weeks ago they started hanging out...

Basically suspect girlfriend thought next door cousin girlfriend was kissing on suspect. Suspect's girlfriend flipped out and domestic issue ensued. The girlfriend took their daughter and what she could and left to her brothers. The next morning she brought her brother and friends to get the rest of her items. Supposedly the boyfriend shot at the girlfriend and her brother (I was awake and heard no shots). The girlfriend told the boyfriend that she is going to call the police and tell them about all the illegal fire arms and drugs he has in the house, and she did. At that moment he fled... Police arrived too late but the girlfriend told them he was locked up in the house. Did she know for sure and was she a liar? I don't know... But I think yes.

I'm under the impression that she is the one that did this... But my neighbors cousin is what really started that bull shit. Both parties are selfish assholes to put other family members at risk like this. I am moving, my lease is up in this month I am not re-signing.

EDIT: I didn't know the Sheriff was coming. I walked outside to check on my dog and I looked over to see the Officers pointing assault rifles at the house. I mainly recorded it because we were in the basement and I couldn't see what was going on. So I hooked up my new camera to record and I can view it through my smart phone.

In case you want a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiJBNFf0Tjw

·
Spelling Bee winnah!
5,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
BMX, yeah, the more fuel we added the less it did that. That day we started off way lean. We ran out of time to add more fuel until it dropped off so we have to go back now. There is still power left on the table.

Monday sucked bad... This whole week is going to blow unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Oh god lol..... Yeah man uhm... I wasn't going to say anything but I guess this thread has really become a story of my life with my Firebird so it can be related. I've been renting here for 2 years now and it's been a great street until yesterday. The suspect across the street moved in recently, about two months now. They seemed fine but they blatantly hit the bong on their porch and obvious drug dealing going on, so I stayed away. My next door neighbors also had their cousin move in... He too had a history or crime and arrests. About two weeks ago they started hanging out...

Basically suspect girlfriend thought next door cousin girlfriend was kissing on suspect. Suspect's girlfriend flipped out and domestic issue ensued. The girlfriend took their daughter and what she could and left to her brothers. The next morning she brought her brother and friends to get the rest of her items. Supposedly the boyfriend shot at the girlfriend and her brother (I was awake and heard no shots). The girlfriend told the boyfriend that she is going to call the police and tell them about all the illegal fire arms and drugs he has in the house, and she did. At that moment he fled... Police arrived too late but the girlfriend told them he was locked up in the house. Did she know for sure and was she a liar? I don't know... But I think yes.

I'm under the impression that she is the one that did this... But my neighbors cousin is what really started that bull shit. Both parties are selfish assholes to put other family members at risk like this. I am moving, my lease is up in this month I am not re-signing.

EDIT: I didn't know the Sheriff was coming. I walked outside to check on my dog and I looked over to see the Officers pointing assault rifles at the house. I mainly recorded it because we were in the basement and I couldn't see what was going on. So I hooked up my new camera to record and I can view it through my smart phone.

In case you want a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiJBNFf0Tjw
Watching that video, all I could hear in my head was circus music. Lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good looking car. I just recently picked mine up. So I have a ways to go before I get to where your at. But your car is inspiration to say the least.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts