7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AKA the Caddy CTS chassis.

This pic was posted on Camaroz28, its the underside of the CTS-V:

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What this means to me is that the car should be much further along than everyone thinks. That's my hunch, I think we'll find out at NAIAS if its correct.

·
Registered
339 Posts
That was my guess when someone asked me. Just made sense.

Hopefully they use a suitable rearend then, not the pile of junk they've put in the CTSV. .

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The CTS-V already has IRS...that's what's in the pic.

·
Registered
339 Posts
LOL I didn't even look at the pic. For some reason I didn't think it did.

Well that's bad news for the Camaro then unless they have something much better in mind. Cause the CTS-V one is pure garbage. Also has terrible wheel hop.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
The CTS-V already has IRS...that's what's in the pic.

I know the Caddy has it, but I asked Scott about it on the new Camaro. He hasn't gotten back to me yet. He did ask me what I thought of it though.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well "insiders" are suggesting the CAD drawing is NOT Sigma. Well we know its not a carbon copy, but apparently its more of a Zeta derivative, which I'd say by comparing the two borrows heavily from existing Sigma "stuff".

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well it would only make sense to borrow as much as they can from a cost standpoint. Maybe it will help the costs of both cars. I can't imagine GM forking over the coin for just one car that isn't named Corvette.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Karps TA said:

Well that's bad news for the Camaro then unless they have something much better in mind. Cause the CTS-V one is pure garbage. Also has terrible wheel hop.
I was under the impression that most of the wheel hop issue that CTS-V had when it was first released has been corrected....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not according to the CTS-V boards. Sounds like it and the rearend is still a problem. Supposedly the 06 cars have a stronger rearend. But since there isn't alot of them out yet it's hard to tell. Supposedly you have to pitch a fit in order to get the new rearend installed under warranty too. Sounds like GM tries to stick the old style in still when possible.

Aftermarket has figured out some of the wheel hop issues.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Those CAD pics is what I spent most of my time looking at. Looking at exhaust etc suspension, frame etc. If they actually put that into production, it will be interesting to see how it rides and feels to the sports car guys. IRS is great IMO b/c ride quality is so much enhanced. Even w/ the 20 year old C4 I had the ride was incredible w/ the IRS. Cars will definately improve on the road course...

I just hope they do something so it doesn't feel luxury car feeling...

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Karps TA said:

Almost all IRS cars have bad wheel hop issues... comes w/ the territory... Just ask Vette guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts