LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure you were all good in '05 and Santa did you well.

Personally, I had planned on some weight loss for the '57, but nothing for the Camaro. Then, my boss arranged a little "attaboy" for me, not a whole lot (especially after the government got their mitts on it), but enough to get me thinking. Then, I end up working some overtime during the normal holiday shutdown, so that will add to the attaboy.

So, I'm thinking a new solid cam for the '57. Have wanted to do this for a couple of years, had one picked out but now will probably go one step higher (Comp XS282S).

If there's enough left over, perhaps a console Megashifter for the Camaro. My son may race it in '06.

So, what're your plans?

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Well w/ two cars now I am at a middle ground on which I really want to tear into. The TA needs intake/headers... I got the headers ready to put on, but am too damn lazy. W/ the SS I want to do headers and bolt ons this year, then see what I decide later... Who knows. Might sell the TA, buy a beater, and then spend the rest for cam etc for the SS...

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
The TA needs to be sold dood. What's a 23 yr old need with a car payment AND another 1/2 junk car to burn up money on?

Mine's got a Racetronix pump kit, bilsteins and a line lock on the way this winter.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
You don't need those bilsteins!!! Need to let me take them off your hands!!! Hurt your launch dude!!! :lol:

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Fenster said:
You don't need those bilsteins!!! Need to let me take them off your hands!!! Hurt your launch dude!!! :lol:
Triple threat car...street/strip/track....that's always been my goal.

Besides, they can't hurt the launch any more than the stock 73,000 mile DeCarbons :lol:

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Shutup... Mine are almost 83k mile DeCarbons!!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I dont plan to race until i get my suspension done but before season starts cam,stall,gears, then shocks springs sfc's relocation brackets.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Why not? Its not gonna hurt to race. Suspension will help w/ the launch etc, but its not gonna be a problem to run before then...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Nothing too big for 2006. Maybe try a different intake and I need a better converter.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Istarted an H/C swap I'm currently in the middle of... That and rebuilding the 9" (that was fun...)

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got a strange 12 bolt, skinny telstar wheels w/tires ,hoosier qtp on weld drag lite and a BMR torque arm. So far.:rockon: I hope to upgrade my fuel system also.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
LiquidFire350 said:
getting a stall from a nbm2001z28 on tech, which is funny because the LTs/TD used to be his too

otherthan that, im done with mods for a while, need a daily driver

Actually I just talked to Mikey. He's gonna stop by my work here in a little bit.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Progress report

I found a used Megashifter, need to get the microswitches for it. So, 1 down.

Will probably be ordering the cam and a damper for the 396 in the next week or so. I'm going to try to work out a deal on new slicks with the tire stores locally.

·
loves this site
469 Posts
i already ordered my parts so far. slp cai to replace the k&n thats on it already. granatelli maf. bbk 58mm tb. slp short throw shifter. lou's short stick. trick flow elbow. zex wet kit. honeycomb tail lights. and a strut tower bar from our sponsors at www.umiperformance.com

1 - 20 of 45 Posts