LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rebuild my 4l60e and I also installed longtubes headers/y pipe/O2 extensions. EGR/air delete. Oil change/filter.

Prior to doing this my temperature and oil pressure gauge worked just fine and also I did "not" have brake/abs/check gauge lights on the dash.

The car idles fine and drives normal. That I can tell.

Did I forget to simply plug something? Or break a cable?

I'm a noob so if you guys have something obvious that you may think it's not worth mentioning, I would appreciate if you mentioned it. 馃檪馃榿.

I have to find my scanner to get some codes.

Car is a 97LT1camaroA4

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Think I found the temp gauge problem. Weird if it broke off.. I should have the other end hanging somewhere.. nearby...馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I found the problems. Lol. I had broken off the oil pressure switch when I was messing with the EGR stuff. Replaced it with a new one and I have oil pressure now working.

I replaced the temperature switch and my gauge is working but it immediately spiked to the red. This happened right away from starting the car. Radiator cap was still cool to the touch.

I did not tighten this as much as possible just snug or tighter then hand tight. It's not leaking. Could I have a faulty switch? It's a duralast brand one. 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I replaced the temperature switch with a AC Delco one (#213-77). And what do you know it works. This is the first time I've had to use a oem part in order for it to work.

Now on to the next problem. "BRAKE" light is on. I don't remember having this on before. I'll make a different post. Need to do brakes anyway 馃槖.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts