LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok next issue is on my 96 cadillac fleetwood my temp light starts to come on at 176 degrees? Everything is new water pump and sensor/thermostat. Any ideas? Does the temp sensor on the block be bad giving it a incorrect reading to the dummp light on my dash???

·
Global Moderator
13,223 Posts
Idiot light sender can go bad. Temp gauge sender & idiot light sender should be different. I have no idea where on lt1 engine of a fleetwood the idiot light sender is located.

·
Global Moderator
13,223 Posts
Idiot light sender should have extremely high resistance, or infinite resistance if meter has that capability. Sender should stay that way until 240 degrees or higher. Then sender makes contact and it will have 0 or very low resistance. This is when light should go on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who knows the correct size socket to remove the temp sender sensor on the side of the block?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought the temp sender sensor can anyone verify that i got the correct 1 for the side of the block? I heard the one for the side is a 1 prong and the 1 for the water pump is a 2 prong ??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok i found out previous owner put a water pump sensor in the side of the block. No wonder why my temp light was always on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts