1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
105 Posts
the alternator would need to be relocated to make those work... Hawk's 3rd gen and Summit both carry some taller LT1 valve covers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also does anyone have the inside height measurment on these? (canton 65-206) wanna make sure there a good bit taller than the stock VC so no more issue with clearing the polylocks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
those are specifically for the LT1. notice the one cover is notched out at the front?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
those are specifically for the LT1. notice the one cover is notched out at the front?
so these are good for taller height in clearing the polylocks?

·
Registered
105 Posts
they should be, but most people on this site seem to notch the baffles in the stock ones it seems. I've been kind of shopping for some myself as I'm going to do the 1.6 RR upgrade this summer when a mechanic friend of mine gets back from SE Asia.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they should be, but most people on this site seem to notch the baffles in the stock ones it seems. I've been kind of shopping for some myself as I'm going to do the 1.6 RR upgrade this summer when a mechanic friend of mine gets back from SE Asia.
I did notch the factory valve covers it's not the width of the rockers, its the height of the poly locks that is hitting

·
Registered
105 Posts
well, the only think I can suggest at present is to contact Canton to get the actual dimensions. They should be able to do that for you at the very least.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I run the Proform 141-131 myself. They're about 1/4" taller than stock. Also available in polished under part 141-130. Requires small clearance grinding of the alt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I run the Proform 141-131 myself. They're about 1/4" taller than stock. Also available in polished under part 141-130. Requires small clearance grinding of the alt.
Where did you get them? Cost? Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just looked at the proforms.....I like :) any other fitment issues, seal good with rubber gaskets? How much did you have to shave off the alt?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts