LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 ws6 trans am and I just put my auto meter back in it. I hooked all of the wires back where they go and checked to see if I was getting power and I am. my problem is the white tach wire at the computer has a good connection but my tach will not work right. when I am at 4k it is showing 1.5k on the tach. can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Deleted incorrect info..5/1/13.. bobdec... Tach install manual should say how to set that up, and if the tach is able to accept that signal. It's a pretty commom PCM output, what model Auto Meter tach do you have ??

·
Global Moderator
13,437 Posts
Might want to put car on scanner that does running sensor scans. You can check and see if pcm is sending correct signal to tach.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Man I must have been sleeping.. I gave you the speedometer info not the tach..corrected the post.. . Pretty sure the tach will not work on white wire from PCM as it's looking for 12 volt square wave and PCM output is 5 volts.. .. Best to call Autometer tech support. My guess is you will need an Autometer 9117 adapter.. video here is for a stang but principle is the same, have to wire the adapter in series with power to the coils. ( Auto Meter ) . Also search on 'Autometer tach LS1' there are some posts out there..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts