LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here and was wondering if anyone knew a person of mechanic that would go thru my Transmission on my 1994 Z28? In my area or come what close. I live Huntington, WV.
I just picked her up a couple weeks ago and have this strange noise coming into 1st gear when giving it a little revs. I am hoping its clutch or something related not the trans. She run thru gears up and down great and doesn't make the noise if I sneak into 1st at real low Revs.
A lot different then my 2011 Mustang GT 5.0. Thanks Mike K.

·
Global Moderator
13,218 Posts
Instead of trying to find a t-56 expert, I suggest looking for a good manual transmission rebuilder in your area. The t-56 is pretty much like all the manual trans out there.

Go to the following link. Shoebox site has the t-56 service manual there to download. www.shbox.com

It's # 4 in the reference area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heck I only found one trans guy that said he would send it out. All so far said there is no one locally that will touch manuals because there is NO money to be made. ( that's from 4 trans people) .
I am going to call AAMCO ($$$$) next and see what they say. If I had the time and place I would tackle it. But I don't now. Anyways would appreciate any thoughts or questions or even any criticism. thanks .

·
Global Moderator
13,218 Posts
Stay away from AAMCO. They will rip you off.

If your mechanical, get the T-56 service manual at the shoebox site. Then do the work yourself. Parts are available for the T-56. Try a google search for GM T-56 transmission rebuild parts.

Many auto trans parts suppliers also carry manual trans parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts