LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to here and heard this forum was the best. I have a '97 LT1 that came out of a trans am. I plan on putting it into a s10 with a 5 speed from a 4.3. Its just for a cruiser and dont plan on abusing it. I was curious if the flywheel from the 4.3 would work. Both motors are a one piece rear main seal, but I seen some of the guys talking about a weight on the LT1 flywheel, i guess being externally balanced, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
949 Posts
Your input shaft would not fit i do not believe... different spline as well as a different length. That and the T5 is glass compared to a T56 tranny.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Plus the fact that the 4.3 is from a V6 not the v-8 so the bellhousing will be different.

If you want to use a t5 since it weighs less and is a tad smaller then look for a 88-92 WC T5 from a Camaro or a Trans Am.

I am using the WC T5 in my car right now. I just need to get the stupid thing bled correctly so I could actually take it for a spin one of these days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Plus the fact that the 4.3 is from a V6 not the v-8 so the bellhousing will be different.

If you want to use a t5 since it weighs less and is a tad smaller then look for a 88-92 WC T5 from a Camaro or a Trans Am.

I am using the WC T5 in my car right now. I just need to get the stupid thing bled correctly so I could actually take it for a spin one of these days.

dont mean to bump an ol thread but does that mean that the t5 from 88-92 will bolt right away ? can i swap the bellhousing from a 88-92 over to a newer year one ? thanks in advanced

luis..

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was under the impression that a v6 t5 bellhousing from the 2nd gen(iroc) would bolt right on to an lt1. or did i missread what was written and only a t5 bellhousing from a 305 will fit also i was not aware that the v8's came with t5's, im confused i need to do some more research

·
Registered
382 Posts
The 3rd gen 305 V8's came with T5's. 350's did not, they were auto only. No 4th gen V8 came with a T5.

·
Registered
1 Posts

4.3 maybe a V6 but it also is the same thing as a 350 V8 with two soldiers missing a bellhousing

The 4.3 maybe a V6 but it is the same motor or block should I say as a 350 with two soldiers missing but what I don't know is if that LT1 block is the same as a Chevy 350 Block it's a bolt pattern the same that I'm not sure about trying to find out myself I have an LS1 I'm trying to put in a 89 Firebird but I'm not sure if the bellhousing will match

1 - 8 of 8 Posts