LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my 96 lt1 switching between open loop and closed loop, in the mornings on first start it will go to closed loop and stay there until I shut it off and when I go to start it back up again lets say 30 minutes later it will go to closed loop then go to open and stay there until it has cooled all the way down, so far I have replace the temp switch in the water pump, replace both O2 sensors and swapped out the MAF, checked the wires visually and everything looks good,next I will put a new temp switch connector on.

·
Global Moderator
13,461 Posts
Before you go on a parts replacing frenzy, may I suggest the most important part to buy. Get an obd2 scanner, one that not only reads codes but does real time sensor data scans.

That way you can drive your car, see how the sensors are reading when car is staying in closed loop. Then see what readings are off when car wants to stay in open loop.

If you don't know what sensor readings are all about, pm me with your e-mail address, and I'll send you the pdf file of "scanner readings and what they mean.

Also you might want to go to 4th gen section and look for thread titled "GM service manuals" Download the 96 manual. Knowledge is you best defense against electrical gremlins.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been driving around with ecmpro scan on for logging purposes and everything looks fine O2 sensors are switching, maf readings are good, coolant temp at 197, sensor fuse good, all wiring looks excellent I haven't metered the wiring yet that's my last resort, I have an abundance of lt1 electronics from a parts car. Currently I'm a forged 383 with a vortech V1 T tuned by Solomon and it runs fine up until logging the other day and this problem showed up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts