LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys what is the biggest sway bars you can get for a 4th gen f-body? Please specify whether they are hollow or solid. I think my friend's front one is 37mm, just wondering if there are any one bigger.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
1970judge said:
You dont have a front sway? Hows that working for you.

CamTom12 said:
Well on launches... :devil:

Exactly. It helps alot with the weight transfer. When I'm not racing I put on my STB, that helps a bit, but it can still get a little wobbly going thru curves at speed.

·
Registered
388 Posts
35mm solid bar is about as stiff as most want to run, and the 35mm hollow bar is a little less stiff and the most popular choice. A 35mm front car and the right tires can make these cars handle EXTREMELY well. The general rule is to throw on a 35mm bar up front and drive the car to see how you like it. If you need a little more oversteer dialed in, a 21mm rear bar should do the trick. Between sway bars and the proper shocks you can make an F-Body into a really good corner carver.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So on tires, what do you think about the Eagle F1 GS's and what of the BFG KWs (I think, may be KWDS or something like that) those are my first choice.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I haven't had any experience with either of those tires. Maybe others can chime in there. I go budget tires and Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s are on my car. If I was going to spend some money I'd look into those GSD3s that people rave so much about.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No front sway bar here either...I only drag race my car...not really worried about cornering in mine...

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
Enthusiast said:
So on tires, what do you think about the Eagle F1 GS's and what of the BFG KWs (I think, may be KWDS or something like that) those are my first choice.
KDWS are a great all around tire. If there's a remote chance you'll get stuck in snow, go with the KDWS.

We had an unforseen blizzard hit here 3 years ago in the middle of the day...3 inches by the time I got on the roads to get home and the KDWS did fine. And I don't have traction control.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Front sway bars weight too dam much :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got a strano 35mm Hollow Sway Bar and BFGoodrich G-force T/A KDW2s and the difference in handling out on an AutoX course was night and day! I just need some good shocks! BTW the Kuhmo Ecsta Supras were going to cost me just as much as the KDW2s!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I run a Suspension Technologies 35MM front bar and a 21MM 1LE rear bar and I'm pleased at the feel and responsiveness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts