LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, does anybody know if the 98+ wiper arms are interchangeable with the 93-97 wiper arms?

I am really getting tired of having to adapt the part store wipers to my car, and even then they still dont work good

I recall from my days as a part desk worker, that our catalogs showed 93-97 Firebird wiper as DEALER, and for the 98+ Firebird wiper it has all the compatible ones from bosch, trico, rainx and what not

What gives??

Anyways, guys please let me know, Thanks.

Also side question, does anybody know what you can polish your windows with? I have some minor scratching developing from the wipers, and from when the windows roll down.
Thanks again guys

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I swapped to the ls1 wiper blades (and arms) on my ws6. I hated those stupid plastic pieces that attached to the arms on the lt1s. Direct swap. Just make sure and get all the pieces.
NICE, I love direct interchangeability, good job GM

I was hoping that I wasnt gonna have to swap this and that

So now that you swapped do the part store wipers work great? as in better than before with the lt1 arms?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
607 Posts
I was tired of the Lt1 wiper arms,finally today ive switch over to 98-02 arms and got some Michelin blades.Wow what an wipe,clean the windshield perfectly and don't leave behind any water!( like the lt1 arms did:mad:).Best thing i done in awhile.Now i can shop wiper blades with an ease an not have to worry about it not fitting :D.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
mine dont ^, i hate the LT1 arms, always leave water and are scrathing the window also, plus its a pita to get the rain x on there, i think i will look for some 98-02 arms myself.

·
Registered
607 Posts
^ good call lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just remember to get a wiper arm puller also. And if you never taken them off before, be prepared for a fight. And the arms break REALLY easily, so dont go yanking on them too much. I had my windshield replaced a few months ago, and the guy replacing my wipers broke a wiper arm and my wiper transmission thats on the driver side. So, just be careful, but i think once you take them off, they come off pretty easily the next time you need to take them off down the road. A wiper arm puller just makes it so much easier!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just remember to get a wiper arm puller also. And if you never taken them off before, be prepared for a fight. And the arms break REALLY easily, so dont go yanking on them too much. I had my windshield replaced a few months ago, and the guy replacing my wipers broke a wiper arm and my wiper transmission thats on the driver side. So, just be careful, but i think once you take them off, they come off pretty easily the next time you need to take them off down the road. A wiper arm puller just makes it so much easier!
Good advice there

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks Captain. Im just speaking from experience. My whole windshield ordeal went on for almost a week and a half. And i STILL have a hole in my dash just above the driver side of the dash which i think is when something like the corner of the windshield or something punctured it. All i know i didnt do it. So, just take your time to get the arms off......dont get fustrated from it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm going to be doing that swap too for sure on my 1995 Camaro.
Where did you guys order your 90-02 wiper arms from?
Was going to look into Part Source, Car Quest etc... any recommendations? I live in Canada btw so shipping may skrew around with me
Thanks!

·
Global Moderator
12,966 Posts
For polishing the scratches out of the windshield, if they are not too deep, I will use wet or dry sandpaper and soapy water. Starting with about 400 to 600 grit, and progressively working your way to 2000 or even 2500 grit. By the time you hit 1500 grit your beginning to polish the glass more than sand it. After 2500 your ready to use polish.

Job requires much elbow grease, but works well if scratches aren't real deep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Conversion does work easily!

I made a video, the swap works perfectly.

Hope it helps, fits perfectly works amazing. I used Release-All to un-seize my wiper arms. Sprayed and let sit for a little over an hour. Rotate the arms instead of pulling up! Worked a lot more effectively for me.

Sand blasted, powder coated gloss black and look great. Finally I can buy any wiper blade I want! Reflex ftw.

Enjoy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone tell me what other part numbers I would need to complete the swap besides:

22154388 - ARM (Left hand)
22154389 - ARM (Right hand)

I read nuts, and plastics... can anyone tell what parts i will need?

Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts