LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, some members and I were talking about a meet/cookout for the southern and western suburbs of Chicago (anyone can come but that's where we are trying to set this meet up) for the spring. I wanted to get some ideas out there and see where it goes. The location we had thought of was the Kankakee River State Park, but we are open to suggestions. I was thinking we could make this a family event for those of us that have a spouse and/or children but it doesn't have to be either. I have a charcoal grill to bring but we may need more than one depending on how many people come. So lets see if we can get a head count for it. If you are interested post a reply with how many people and what location you would like if Kankakee doesn't work for you.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would be interested. Have about 10 cars that would probably show. Kankakee is pretty far though for the guys I hang around with. Maybe everyone should post up their town so we cou
d get a better idea of where everyone is from and find a central location so everyone drives equal distance.

We have three cars at my house.... Sugar Grove here. I do have someone I know in Yorkville that has a ton of property that usually does a huge gtg and a bbq and we all park out on his lawn. He usually does a mini car show and gives out trophys with everyone voting on cars. We were working on a weekly cruise night at a local place.

For a long time I ran a local fbody car club and the forum is still up. Lots of guys have gotten rid of their cars though and the club has sat idle for awhile. Be nice to revive it.
http://nifba.proboards.com/

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would be interested. Have about 10 cars that would probably show. Kankakee is pretty far though for the guys I hang around with. Maybe everyone should post up their town so we cou
d get a better idea of where everyone is from and find a central location so everyone drives equal distance.

We have three cars at my house.... Sugar Grove here. I do have someone I know in Yorkville that has a ton of property that usually does a huge gtg and a bbq and we all park out on his lawn. He usually does a mini car show and gives out trophys with everyone voting on cars. We were working on a weekly cruise night at a local place.

For a long time I ran a local fbody car club and the forum is still up. Lots of guys have gotten rid of their cars though and the club has sat idle for awhile. Be nice to revive it.
http://nifba.proboards.com/
I didn't know this lol ill check the site jpack i live in Bellwood

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds cool JPack, I'll have to check out that board. I'm ok with wherever, maybe even Starved Rock? I am close enough for places like Orland Park, Tinley, Joliet, etc. so I'm flexible. As far as a normal cruise/meet spot would be cool too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted to revive this and see if we have any more takers. I know the weather hasn't been great but hopefully it breaks soon. If you are interested in meeting please post your opinion on where the meet should be held so we can confirm a location that works for everybody.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just wanted to revive this and see if we have any more takers. I know the weather hasn't been great but hopefully it breaks soon. If you are interested in meeting please post your opinion on where the meet should be held so we can confirm a location that works for everybody.
Anyone? Lol cmon let's be fbody buddies lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
357 Posts
I live in bradley which is near the state park in kankakee. I'll come but may have to leave early if I get mandated at work. I also have 2 grills (1 charcoal 1 gas) you guys can use regardless. Also got plenty of charcoal. Hopefully my car will be running by then..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, the weather looks like it may finally agree to stay nice enough to have a meet/cookout so I wanted to post and see who is still interested in having this?

·
Registered
357 Posts
"lt1camaro1997" recently posted about meeting at the track route 66 on august 17th

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"lt1camaro1997" recently posted about meeting at the track route 66 on august 17th
Hey sorry it took two weeks to reply I thought I already did. I may or may not make it depending on how soon I get the T/A fixed :banghead:
I lost 4th gear, unless I manually shift it and even then I have to keep a steady pedal or it feels like it goes in to neutral. Anyone have experience with the local Northern Illinois / Chicago area performance transmission shops? (Sorry that question is a little off-topic)

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm in Gurnee, waaaay north suburbs, but I'm SOOO down if we do Route 66 on August 17th. We could make food in the parking lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts