LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im buying a 97 formula firebird as soon as the loan goes through which should be this weekend. anyways its doesnt have t-tops but that dip where most t-tops would go is still there. so i was wondering if anyone had ever made a box to fit in there. it seems like if it were done right it could work well. o and i have 2 10" MAs if that makes a difference. i know enough about sound systems to hook it up but i dont know a lot about box building and the such, from what im told u have to have to much room per sub. so anyways any one whos done it or knows anything about it write me back and let me know if and how it could be done. thanks :D

ps send pics of systems too so i can see what the setup looks like

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks sweet, but those premade boxes are expensive, i got a friend who does car audio so i think hes gonna make a custom box for me. Thanks alot for the input.

·
Registered
141 Posts
just look for a box that will slide in there i have 2 12" mxt comp subs and they hit so hard. i just made one of the loudest system and my high school i know a lot about boxes, amps, decks, and some speakers. any questions you have just shoot me a pm or ill check this again. oh and by the way that custom box is so sick!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
how much did you pick a box like that up for?

·
Registered
113 Posts
yea the subthump boxes are really nice but really expensive. I got mine from audioenhancers http://www.audioenhancers.com/catalog_gmc.html#NCT
They have 2 different sizes, the "180" doesnt extend all the way down to the floor, and the "300" fills the whole ttop area. They are really well built boxes. Heres a pic of what mine looked like. Got mine for $150. But if u wanna make it yourself, on the site they give some of the dimensions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts