LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there is 2 types . The 3 point ( that bolts to the tunnel brace ) and the regular 2 point . Is there any difference in support ? I'm leaning towards the 3 point due to the extra bolting surface . But if it doesn't add more
Strength ... Then I'd rather save the extra 175 + for them .
Thanks ,Don

·
Registered
186 Posts
Good question. I only have experience with the 3 point style. I figured the triangulation would provide greater rigidity in more dimensions. The change in the car from without the SFC is amazing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool that's what I was thinking also . Figured that the extra mounting spot might add more strength and rigidity .
Thanks for input ,
Don

·
Registered
377 Posts
I see there is 2 types . The 3 point ( that bolts to the tunnel brace ) and the regular 2 point . Is there any difference in support ? I'm leaning towards the 3 point due to the extra bolting surface . But if it doesn't add more
Strength ... Then I'd rather save the extra 175 + for them .
Thanks ,Don

I am interested in sub-frame connectors. I have an LT1 swap, yet some f-body years models will fit the 92 Astro also. I am thinking of also making my own. Who do you suggest would be the best functional design? The Astro is a full window and me thinks I am twisting the whole uni-body, lots of new squeaks.

·
Runs with scissors
3,683 Posts
I ran 2 point and the difference was night and day compared to stock. I personally don't think the 3 point is needed or really does much over a 2 point. It's like the STB, it doesn't really do much either.

·
Spelling Bee winnah!
5,018 Posts
Whatever you buy I would spend the extra coin for the bolt ons. I don't see how anyone can weld them on otherwise. I first bolted mine on and then welded them. This way I could take my time knowing that they were secure and where they were supposed to be.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great info eyeryone . Thanks for the input . Think that's what I'm going to do . After studying the underside and seeing the attaching points ... I don't see how the extra will offer that much more support . For the price difference . Going by on tubular then weld in place for the best finer .

Don

·
Registered
56 Posts
Aren't the 3 points for convertibles and ttops For the extra support? I've been looking at them for my car and if it really doesn't matter, Id like to safe the money for something else.

·
Registered
861 Posts
From what i hear from my mechanic the 2 point is all thats needed the weld in ones are better thats whats goin on my car. But if you do the bolt in ones id weld them u can take it to a muffler shop they can usualy weld them but i hear u have to becareful welding them that if its not grounded right it can do some funky things to your computer

·
Registered
377 Posts
I sorta like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
I would just do the 2 point thats whats goin on my car and its a ttopp car

·
Registered
295 Posts
Is there a difference in vert and hard top SFC?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts