LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmmm im about to throw in a 215/220 duration @ .050 .534"/.544" with 1.6 rocker..... its a 95 LT-1 M6...still ok for daily driver? I have most of the block apart, but i've been taking my time due to my overtime job. I have not ordered a cam yet, but this one really catches my eye. And, do i HAVE to change my lifters?:cool: Thanks!

-Matt, New to the board... so, i have a 1995 Trans Am LT1 T-56 with the Y87. all bolt ons.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
You do not HAVE to change your lifters unless you have a bad one. Thats a VERY VERY VERY streetable cam. I have a 227/233 112 lsa cam in my 89 TA that I drove every day for months and it was streetable IMO. I think bigger is streetable, but I have a pretty wild idea of what streetable is. If you want to regret it and go bigger later, go w/ that cam cause it will run great in a daily. $.02

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
I think that's a great mild cam for a stock manifolds motor. If you're running headers or plan to I'd get a lot more cam personally.

I daily drove a 224/230 114LSA cam for about 2 yrs, so yes its very streetable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd say just get a GM847. I drive mine around town all the time.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yah the cam you have picked out is not alot better than stock thats only abotu hotcam range. 224 comp cam is a nice streetable cam.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thats the cam i got for my new motor. I cant wait to try it out.

Chris 96 WS6 said:
I think that's a great mild cam for a stock manifolds motor. If you're running headers or plan to I'd get a lot more cam personally.

I daily drove a 224/230 114LSA cam for about 2 yrs, so yes its very streetable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm ok forget the LPE ones. GM LT1 & LT4 Xtreme Fuel Injection 280XFI HR13 Cam looks good but the specs arent listed. does the 280 mean the duration?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a 230/242 .544/.576" 114LSA and I think that's very streetable. Hell, I drove to Indianapolis (450 miles round trip) and got 26 mpg highway. The rest of the summer I drove to work, through 9 lights on a 15 mile trip one way and got 18 mpg city. Hit up Combination Motorsports for a very large variety of grinds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you think TN-236XL 236/242 duration, .555"/.576", 112lsa is streetable? good with stock intake? headers soon. i have all bolt ons.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have the CC306 which if memory is right is 230/244-544-576 on a 112 and i've had no problems with it. I use to drive it everyday around town. Which I would think it would be better to have at least some what of a stall in the car if your auto, but the stocker might do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok i talked with Sam from Combination motorsports (Las-Vegas based) a very nice guy. Since im not changing my heads, he recommended a new cam which isnt listed on their website yet, but its a 224/230 with 573/ 570 @ 1.6. He also recommended 918 behive springs, very similar to the LS1 Springs. Time to order.

P.S. i was going to go higher but with stock heads he said there wouldnt be enough flow.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I went with 224/230 XE 112LSA too tame I wish I would have gone bigger especially since my heads are done. Nice for the street though. Getting ready for a new motor on my eng stand. That may have the 847 cam if I go NA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
of course now as i inspect my pushrods, they're bent to somewhere like .05" pretty bad (well, at least 2 of em are, the rest are mildly bent) thanks to the old nitrous system which is no longer on it. really? you want more agressive? i wonder if ill regret this cam. since im prob. not gonna do my heads he said this would be good.

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
ArcticTA said:
so even tho that lift is incredibly higher than stock, i wont see a huge improvement?
Duration affects HP output and peak RPM much, much more than lift.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts