LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my buddy has a 77(?) F100 pickup longbed, 2.08 gears, c4 trans. with a built 331 stroker under the hood. well we decided to go see if his truck was faster then my gta.
1st race. on a street that neither of us really wanted to race on. but what ever. arms drop and he had his wheel cut to the left and almost kills the kid flagging the race. so that race was a bust.
2nd race. this was the only decent one. i took him hard out of the hole, and prolly had 4 cars on him up top at about 80 when i shut down.
3rd race. we get to the next set and its going yellow as i get there so i stop to wait for the light, i backed up cause iw as over the line, and kinda forgot to take the damn car outa reverse. as soon as i hit the gas the tires spuns so i didnt go too far, realized wtf was going on, slammed it down into first and took off. i was catching him fast when he hit the breaks, i think i woulda passed him pretty bad if we had kept going. i was about half a car behind him when he let off.

words of wisdom, just cause your steering wheel is straight doesnt mean your wheels are, when you back up to a line make sure you take the fawkin car out of reverse when you go to launch.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Being in a forward gear usually does help a forward race but hey if you where racing back to the last light my money would have been on you. Just messin with you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah generally going in the direction that your car is pointed is a good thing when racing.

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
bobbby i guess no one ever told you.....R doesnt stand for racign

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
loudmouthzls1 said:
bobbby i guess no one ever told you.....R doesnt stand for racign
no shit?! Really? next time i guess ill have to use the Force when i race.... :eureka:

·
Harbinger of War
1,074 Posts
haha then u would have won

·
Registered
14 Posts
That whole reverse thing is funny, just because it reminded me of... me. My sister and I were going for me to take my driving test to get my licesne, so she let me drive to get some last minute practice. I pull up to a red light and went a tad too far so I backed up a bit and forgot to put it back in drive. The lady in the van behind me about crapped all over herself. Good thing I didn't hit her though. Guess my reflexes aren't too bad....so why does my reaction time at the track suck? LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts