LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 trans am 6spd t-top
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
93 TA LT1 6spd.
I've been searching every post and site i can find for info to help me figure this out.
Not my daily driver. Abs and brake light were on when i bought it and i finally got around to fixing it. Previous owner put in LED brake lights except the 3rd brake light which is a regular bulb. I did replace the 161 bulb he put in with the correct 921. The fuse is good. I played around with the ebrake slamming it up / down and at one point both lights went off.
Then the abs and brake light were back on with the ebrake up but when i put the ebrake down both lights would go out. It then changed , both lights on when the ebrake was on but when handle went down, brake light would dim and flicker and the abs light would stay on?? That happened a few times, and now both lights are back on and they won't go off. I looked at the ebrake switch but didn't see any issues. This all occurred yesterday while working on it and i haven't driven it yesterday or today. I'm thinking it may not be the module bc i did get the lights to go off for a while all when messing with the ebrake.
Btw both abs and brake dash lights are on as soon as i start the car.
Also, ebrake will not hold car in place very well. On a hill it will slowly start to roll . I read that you can't adjust it?
So where to look? Any info on how it decides to throw the light? Can dirty or old brake fluid cause this maybe due to the equalizing switch or whatever that is called? Any connection to the ebrake cables, connections at the calipers etc?
It's just odd that both lights were changing with the ebrake operation.

·
Registered
93 trans am 6spd t-top
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've tried unplugging the wire to the ebrake switch under the console and the light was still on. Searched for that part to buy a replacement and no luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts