LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever installed one of these? Supposed to be bolt-in, but nothing is every really that simple, LOL

I guess I'll find out on 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's really nothing to it Chris. I'm sure the Strange is a little easier than the Moser since there isn't any "assembly required".

Lets see here.....drop the 10 bolt....install 12 bolt....reassemble in reverse order :icon_biggrin:

You know, we'd only be a few bolts away from dropping the tank when the rear is out. You wanna get the Racetronix kit?? :happy7:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve 97Z said:
There's really nothing to it Chris. I'm sure the Strange is a little easier than the Moser since there isn't any "assembly required".

Lets see here.....drop the 10 bolt....install 12 bolt....reassemble in reverse order :icon_biggrin:

You know, we'd only be a few bolts away from dropping the tank when the rear is out. You wanna get the Racetronix kit?? :happy7:
Oh man, why tempt me now? LOL. Probably not a bad idea though. Even with my lack of shifting skill I was way down on power IMO a couple weeks ago. The pump could be going for sure.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Thunder has 10% off all day tommorrow. Guess I'll be getting the Spohn arm and the Racetronix kit...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well don't let me twist your arm or anything :laughing5:

Did you get the Spohn arm with the poly bushing? The road noise isn't nearly as severe with the poly. I had the spherical end once before and it was a little rough when it was a daily driver.

The Racetronix kit is a breeze. Remember, we put it on ChrisH's car at my old house.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve 97Z said:
Well don't let me twist your arm or anything :laughing5:

Did you get the Spohn arm with the poly bushing? The road noise isn't nearly as severe with the poly. I had the spherical end once before and it was a little rough when it was a daily driver.

The Racetronix kit is a breeze. Remember, we put it on ChrisH's car at my old house.
I'm ordering it this morning, def. the poly mount too. Yeah, with the axle out there's no point not to replace the stock pump at my power level and with any future increase in displacement :D

You didn't twist my arm so much as point out the obviousness of why this is the best time to do the pump.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
Just go ahead and do it Chris... Won't take but another hour if that w/ the 10 bolt already dropped!!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Did you get all of your parts yet?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trevor86TA said:
Did you get all of your parts yet?
The Racetronix kit came. Still waiting on the Spohn TQ arm and the rear end. I have to call Billingsley tommorrow and check in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes the Strange 12 bolt is a very easy swap. Especially since Strange uses the factory tubes with the factory jigged brackets. Little tip, buy replacements ahead for the control arm and torque arm bolts just in case.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CamTom12 said:
So what's the word?
The word is the project and the 12 bolt order is now cancelled indefinitely. I've had some fiscal issues that required a re-thinking of priorities.

Working on trying to put together a budget 9 inch build...I think I can do it for maybe $1600, which is a good $600 cheaper than the 12 bolt. I'll be giving up ABS but who cares....Also giving up some extra HP as the 9 inch is less efficient, but the plus side is it will be bulletproof for anything I ever plan for. The 12 bolts are strong but not unbreakable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts