LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure we all have stories of people believing there car is that fastest thing in the world. I work with a guy who said he was gonna buy a Mazda 6. He said this to me smiling and i said "are you implying that your mazda will take my Trans Am?". That's what he was apparently believing. I had to stop such i stupid conversation with him right away. He never did get the Mazda so his Cavalier will have to deal with me till then. Another one is my buddy and his girlfriend are under the impression her fathers Honda S2000 will keep up with Vett's and Vipers? were do these people come from?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Yeah, there was a guy up in NY who thought his civic hatch could handle anything on the street...

One night he asked me to run for slips, I seriously asked him back 'you people really exist??' Oh, I forgot to mention he had been to the track running brackets and his ET was still on his window: 14.2

I said, ok buddy, whatever and drove away laughing

·
Registered
166 Posts
I had this dipshit in a cavalier tell me he know's he could bust my ass, Him - I out ran a porsche 911, Me - no you didnt, Him - Ill kill you out of the hole, Me - no you wouldnt, Him - you have a nice car but I wouldnt own it, Me - :angry: I've heard enough of your mouth I suggest you leave before I bust it for ya :chairshot . I havent seen him since then.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
some punk pulled up next to me in the turn lane and asked if i wanted to "run'em"
i said, "your saturn?, are you serious"
"twin-turbo vtec" followed by the weak factory saturn double rev minus any sort of blow off

light goes green and i just putted off and he turned, never saw him again

·
Registered
53 Posts
My sister in law, she has a geo prism with a huge sheet metal wing, three yes count em three autozone "spinner hubcaps" and a vtec sticker on the back and she spent an hour telling me how back in texas all the stangs and fbods were scared of her car, I loved it it was like watching a jim carrey movie.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I saw a guy in a civic with spinner wheel Covers and a fart cannon. And then, in the same day I saw a FULLY riced Honda Del Sol, and another Honda Civic with a HUGE wing!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Check this out!
A freind of mine was cruisin down the highway and a brand spankin new 05 chevy monte carlo jeff gordon edition rooled up and wanted to run. They took them up to around 120 and started backing off. The mustang won by a little bit.
BUT, the 2 guys in the monte with a PAPER PLATE on it. Were looking at by buddies and not the road. They rear ended another car doing 60 and they were doing about 80 or 85.
By buddy said they never even seen the car on the point of impact. He seen there faces when the air bags blew!

Tell me that aint some crazy stuff. :withstupi

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is crazy. If your going to race, at least look were your going. I'm sure there insurance didn't like that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
speaking of stupid, my two buddies who happen to be cousins. Don't get me wrong, they both love my car but man, they beat on that thing because there dumb. First, i let my buddy Matt drive my car. This guy loves my car more then me. He's driving and stops. Goes to take off, stalls. Goes to take off again, stalls. he goes "man Rob, this car doesn't have the balls i thought it would have". I said, "matt, thats cause your trying to start off slowly from 3rd gear". I busted on him the rest of the weekend. His cousin Anthony, i let him drive so i could drink at a party. We're on a highway goin about 60-65mph. He's in 5th gear and a grand prix with a young guy looking at us pulls next to us. He says "can i dust him?". Yeah sure why not. Gas is only $3.65 a gallon at the time :rolleyes: . Goes to put in down in 4th (at 65mph) misses 4th and hit's 2nd. We jerk back the engine roares the guy is long gone. He tryed blaming it on the "skip shift" :lol: . He was just too embarrassed he couldn't admit what he did for about 5 minutes. I wasn't real mad cause even at 60-65 in 2nd the thing still didnt' hit redline. BUT, i elected not to drink that night and drove my car home. She had enough for one day. haha.

·
Registered
21 Posts
around here there are a ton of ricers...this encounter is imprinted in my mind. one night me and a buddy are out on westnage (a popular road around here to street race)at a stop light it seems like i hear about 1500 bees but i look over and some punk is a big bad vech civic revving the engine to the limiter with the window down. so i roll mine down and he is convinced his civic is goin to take my moderatly modded 96 RS. well to make a long story short...his v tech must not have been working cause about the time i looked in my rear view at 75 he was turning off on a road to the left about 8 or 10 cars back...end of that story

1 - 13 of 13 Posts