LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wanting to know what my stock rearend will stand up to... i also want to know what gearing would be the best for just bolt ons and if i get gears do i need a stall converter

Pacesetter Longtubes
slp loudmouth exhaust
slp cold air intake
transgo shift kit

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I always think that if you're going to build your car up you should start from the back and work forward. So I would do the rear first.

As far as gearing, what are your plans for the car? Are you going to drive it everyday, only race on the weekends, spray or FI. Think what your goal is and gear it according to that. You said just bolt-ons, but is that the end of modding your car?

I would get a converter and a shift kit

Good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i probably wont drive it every day but ill drive it on a regular basis and when i do i want it to kick some ass... as for the end of modding my car im not even close id like to maybe get the le2 package or maybe one of the advanced induction kits and of course the pcm would be reprogrammed, idk about spray it would be cool but im not very familiar on what my car would take and how long it would take it, ill definetly get a stall, ive heard the stock throttle body would still be adequate for all that but im not sure, ill get probably a dynaspark opti and blaster coil

·
Founder
7,472 Posts
On an A4 the stock rear will go mid 12's. I like 3.42s for a daily driven automatic car, but even 3.73's are doable. Keep in mind the bigger you go on gears the weaker the ring gear is, because you have to fit more teeth on the ring gear and that means they are thinner.

·
Chris89gta
727 Posts
I know of a car... as does Chris that went LOW 11s on a blower car w/ stock rear end w/o breaking anhthing

·
Registered
63 Posts
stock rear

i was wondering what the stock size of the 93-97 rear is and what gears came factory, i think it is 7.5 and 3:42's but im not 100%, could someone help me out thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts