LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone read these books? I'm on the fifth book, Wolves of the Calla, just getting started. I'm not a big reader as not much interests me, but these books are some of the best I've ever read. Probably my favorite series thus far. Very original and interesting, and very easy to get in to since the first book is just over 200 pages.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not a King fan at all to be honest with you. I usually find his writing to be entirely too detail-oriented and hard to get in to. This series however isn't his usual horror genre offering. This is more along the lines of a adult-themed fantasy adventure type story. Very original in it's content and story line though. If you're a reader at all, and like fantasy adventure type stories, or just want to try something new, pick up the first book of the series (The Gunslinger) and give it a read. Its just around 200 pages so you're not out much if you dont like it.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
I haven't read a Stephen King book for a long time, I think the last one I read was the the Green Mile (a couple of years before the movie).
My latest reading have been by Brad Meltzer, I find it hard to put down his books. I think he has 5 or 6 books and I read them all within 2 weeks. Before that it was The Lord of the Rings, now that is one amazing book.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
josh99ta said:
If you like Lord of the Rings you'll LOVE the Dark Tower series. Its like LOTR meets The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly with an adult themed atmosphere to it. Very good stuff.
I still don't know why I never read his Dark Tower series, I've read tons of his other stuff. I'll have to check it out.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The series is finished as of last year I believe. Stephen King himself considers this his best work. Seven books long that he started when he was a teenager and just now finished over 30 years later, simply because he wanted everything to be right, for the story to tell itself. So far I'm on book five, and they just keep getting better and better. He definitely accomplished his goal IMO.

The end of The Gunslinger blew my mind as I've often had the same thoughts before (blade of grass theory), and the books, story development, plot twists, and your attachment to the characters is just awesome as the story continues. Honestly this series is probably the best book(s) I've ever read. I like the fact that its unpredictable, so original, and its not always flowers and sunshine, bad things happen and there is no coming back, much like real life. I never know what to expect. Just good stuff all around. I cant get enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts