LS1LT1 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 z28 lt1 auto my problem is if i leave my car sit overnight it will not start i can sit there and crank till the battery is dead and it wont start but if i go and hit it with starting fluid it starts right up once it it starts tho i have to keep it running by revving it hard till its warmed up then it runs and idles fine and i can go drive and let it sit for hours and hours and it will start right up till i let it sit overnight again im lost on this?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i ordered a new fuel pump and regulator should be in thursday i will let you guys know what happens with that but i still feel like it will start without starting fluid after that but i will have to rev it to keep it running i hear that is common problem with these lt1's?

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
did you test pressure first?

that really doesn't sound like a fuel pressure issue. that sounds like a cold start issue due to misreading temp sensor or something.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
whats the temp sensor your talking about is it a common problem?
The temp sensor in the water pump. It is where the computer gets its info about coolant temp. Scanner data will easily confirm if it is working correctly. The harder way to check it is with a meter.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
changed the fuel pump and it fixed part of my problem now it fires right up everytime but i still have to rev it for a bit to keep it running any ideas? i'll try and upload a video later thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts