LS1LT1 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a dream season in 2004, it's back to reality so far this year. 2 races, 2 rounds won.

First race was April 22nd, an ET series "Street ET" race (I finished the season in 6th place out of around 80 racers in that series at Bandimere last year). It was only around 50 degrees, pretty chilly, and traction was poor (even for me). The car was running 13.8's in those conditions. I won the first round fairly handily, even with a relatively poor (but better than his) light. 2nd round I was up against a 16.6 second 2nd gen Firebird, who put a .015 light on me to my (better than 1st round) .062 light. Night over.

Yesterday I went out to a non-points "Street Machine Showdown" event, a sponsored race & show. They ran pretty typical bracket formats, including the Street Eliminator in which I ran - DOT tires required, no electronics allowed. The day was nice but there was a 15-25 MPH headwind all day, slowing the car down to mid-14.0's. 1st round I was paired with a 16.3 dial '91 Camaro, whose .105 RT was only .104 second worse than mine - needless to say, I wasn't trying that hard, too keyed up, I guess. 2nd round I'm up against a '62 Impala 409 dialing 13.60 - he catches up to me at the traps, backs out, I back out, we both get back in and he lead me across by .0035 sec. on .03-second over runs. Our RT's were .033/.034. Had I stayed in it, based on previous runs I would have run right on my dial - Rats!

Next raceday (or, next redemption day) is this coming Friday.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I started the 2005 season in my usual beginning-of-the-season style... Tried to do a burn-out with the traction control on (have I mentioned I'm partially retarded?), and now I haven't settled down into driving the car that well with the (relatively) new set-up. Mainly I think I need to get a 12-bolt and some ET's. Everything else in the car is set-up for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
five7kid said:
After a dream season in 2004, it's back to reality so far this year. 2 races, 2 rounds won.

First race was April 22nd, an ET series "Street ET" race (I finished the season in 6th place out of around 80 racers in that series at Bandimere last year). It was only around 50 degrees, pretty chilly, and traction was poor (even for me). The car was running 13.8's in those conditions. I won the first round fairly handily, even with a relatively poor (but better than his) light. 2nd round I was up against a 16.6 second 2nd gen Firebird, who put a .015 light on me to my (better than 1st round) .062 light. Night over.

Yesterday I went out to a non-points "Street Machine Showdown" event, a sponsored race & show. They ran pretty typical bracket formats, including the Street Eliminator in which I ran - DOT tires required, no electronics allowed. The day was nice but there was a 15-25 MPH headwind all day, slowing the car down to mid-14.0's. 1st round I was paired with a 16.3 dial '91 Camaro, whose .105 RT was only .104 second worse than mine - needless to say, I wasn't trying that hard, too keyed up, I guess. 2nd round I'm up against a '62 Impala 409 dialing 13.60 - he catches up to me at the traps, backs out, I back out, we both get back in and he lead me across by .0035 sec. on .03-second over runs. Our RT's were .033/.034. Had I stayed in it, based on previous runs I would have run right on my dial - Rats!

Next raceday (or, next redemption day) is this coming Friday.
Congrats on a great 2004 season, five7kid! 8)

·
Registered
16 Posts
CamTom12 said:
I started the 2005 season in my usual beginning-of-the-season style...? Tried to do a burn-out with the traction control on (have I mentioned I'm partially retarded?), and now I haven't settled down into driving the car that well with the (relatively) new set-up.? Mainly I think I need to get a 12-bolt and some ET's.? Everything else in the car is set-up for it.
It always seems to take me a couple of races to really get going too, CamTom12. The season's just getting started (up north anyway), so there's a lot of racing to go yet.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Marlin in Minn said:
Congrats on a great 2004 season, five7kid!? 8)
Thanks. Like I said, last year was like a dream, now it's back to reality.? :BangHead:

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At least the weather forcast is looking better. Cool, but no rain. If traction holds, some fast times are bound to be posted.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I doubled the rounds won, then pulled a -.007 in the 3rd round.

Oh, well, still a lot of season left.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
heading to a test'n'tune right now to work on my goal for the season :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts